Windfarm could cost up to £40 million

Major Rushen

19 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What did you think? Its a very long way from happening was my impression.

They seem to be making good progress with environmental reports etc.

Of course it still has to go through planning but will no doubt be vital strategic infrastructure for the island.

https://www.manxutilities.im/energy-transition/wind/cair-vie-onshore-windfarm-project/

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

Consultation my arse! It's just window dressing.

It has to be presented to Tynwald at the November sitting, I believe? So therefore there will be precious little time to collate, analyse and implement any possible opinion and input from the Great Unwashed.

Which might suggest that said consultation is but tinsel dressing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This will be exactly like the Ballasalla bypass consultation. The vital bypass and oh I almost forgot the 380 houses for Dandara, were championed by the village idiot. The meeting concluded with a number of residents in opposition that the bypass was not the driver the houses were, of course they were ignored. Guess what there is 380 houses a nice access road and no bypass.

Done deal I won't waste my time again.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It has to be presented to Tynwald at the November sitting, I believe? So therefore there will be precious little time to collate, analyse and implement any possible opinion and input from the Great Unwashed.

Which might suggest that said consultation is but tinsel dressing.

https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=-Nd6nSgtu0mDi3o_7U05jXqtiuqiGwVLrWJuRFwY0OBUM1RMNTdJWUZCOU9RR0lZMjVMRTFXREE2Ni4u&route=shorturl

They should be able to analyse the responses to a dozen questions quite quickly.

They'll have a couple of weeks to do it before Tynwald meets in November.

7 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Nobody has ever promised that electricity charges will reduce as a result of the wind farm.

They will go up in the long term. Prices doubled due to the Ukraine fiasco. Gas prices came down as quickly as they went up and are now at historic lows, lower than they were when the gas power station was commissioned and electricity was 8P per unit. 
I think they will reduce the price slightly if the turbines go up and pretend it is due to free wind. In reality, MU are currently making money hand over fist with the ridiculously high current price. 
Earystane is the wrong windfarm in the wrong place. A complete waste of time and money. There are better, more open brown field sites that make far more sense. 

• Like 1