Wasting Money???

Passing Time

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The Braddan ratepayers don't contribute to any of the facilities in Douglas…

And?

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

…mind you there's very little left to contribute to is there? 

Relevance to the Braddan development?

14 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

So 52% over budget and kissing the ass of £10 million? 25 jobs @ £400,000 each. Bargain!.

Wonder what the excuse was? War in Ukraine? Covid? Too hot? Too cold? Too wet? WW2 bomb?

And that's not even including the interest and running costs... 20% rate rise might be the least of it.

Encouragement from the previous sitting MHKs for Middle perhaps? Massaging egos to look important? 

25 jobs - high tech, high skilled and big salaried (excluding the dental practice which no doubt will be private, when there is a shortage of NHS dentists) jobs? I am not calling job creation as it’s a good thing but your statistics are spot on. 

38 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Nope - takes you straight to IOM Today page

It does for me now, but just over an hour ago I kept getting 404. Even tried on a different device with the same result. 

Anyway that doesn't change the fact that this subject already has its own dedicated thread. Like Teapot (more or less) says, you need forum lessons. 

• Like 1

They are asking permission from the Government to borrow it from a bank, Jessop reckons the businesses in the Braddan area should pay an increased rate to cushion the householders contribution.    I am sure that will go down well.    This has white elephant written all over it.    Vanity project by Braddan Commissioners led by a ninconpoop.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 2bees said:

It’s a great asset for the whole island, everyone knows building materials and labour costs have rocketed since Covid, there are worse things to moan about.

I would agree if it was in either the north or the south, but the fact you can see an already under utilised sports centre from this site shows you the folly of the project.

At least it will have solar, ev charging and heat pumps which the greens can fawn over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

It does for me now, but just over an hour ago I kept getting 404. Even tried on a different device with the same result. 

Anyway that doesn't change the fact that this subject already has its own dedicated thread. Like Teapot (more or less) says, you need forum lessons. 

Or maybe you don't have to comment on it

• Thanks 1