Ran a Drug Network from Jurby?

Gladys

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

something tells me the prison management and culture is a bit soft  at Jurby , running crime syndicates  , smuggling in contraband  items  ,

wasn't the recent review critical of how the prison was operated , never mind the  huge cost of keeping someone  in there 

Seriously. What sort of prison puts itself up for a reality TV programme?

What good did that do other than make the likes of Goldie a fucking celebrity strutting down Strand Street and in the pubs bragging about his latest exploits with the police.

Who gave it the go ahead? The Minister? A former DJ? Wtf?

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Prison issue mobiles are a thing? 

I'm sure it's one of many prison related things that needs looked at.

You should contact them to see if they'd be interested in a Prison bar and night club. 

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Minister Poole Wilson is very quiet, come to think of it she is very quiet most of the time and her silence on constituency matters is deafening. 

I was saying exactly the same thing last week. 

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

You should contact them to see if they'd be interested in a Prison bar and night club. 

I was saying exactly the same thing last week. 

JPW isn’t alone at being invisible, Minister Barber is the same. We all complain about Ann Corlett as she neither seen or heard, as being a Minister, I think you need to be out there explaining your governments actions or inaction, and addressing islanders concerns. 

8 minutes ago, WTF said:

the pandemic is over now though isn't it ?

I'm not sure if they've gone back to the old system or not.  I found this article from December 2020 about how they were allowing prisoners to use these restricted phones to get round Covid infection problems.  The trouble is that it's a lot easier to smuggle a SIM card in than a whole mobile phone.  The Manx Radio piece seemed to suggest that the illicit calls were being made in September 2021 or before, so it could be things have changed since.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zarley said:

I wondered if they knew what he was up to and let him crack on with the phone so they could catch more of his people on the outside.

If that wasn't the case (probably wasn't) he really made fools of the prison authorities. 

Bet he feels brilliant he made massive fools of them now he is sat there with 20 years shoved up his backside

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Bet he feels brilliant he made massive fools of them now he is sat there with 20 years shoved up his backside

Of which he'll probably only do ten - or less as it seems he's been on remand for quite some time and that usually counts as "time served".

19 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Of which he'll probably only do ten - or less as it seems he's been on remand for quite some time and that usually counts as "time served".

If he carries on like he was, he'll be minted by the time he gets out.... 🤭

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Minister Poole Wilson is very quiet, come to think of it she is very quiet most of the time and her silence on constituency matters is deafening. 

Janie knows which side her bread is buttered on.

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I know of plenty bars who would do well as a lot of their regulars are there!

44 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

There was a report in one of the papers with him telling one of the officers whatever time he got was worthwhile due to the amount of money he made. He doesn't seem that bothered. 

44 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Although to be fair, he did shout out in the court, amongst some profanities, "see you in 10"