Ran a Drug Network from Jurby?

Gladys

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

JPW isn’t alone at being invisible, Minister Barber is the same. We all complain about Ann Corlett as she neither seen or heard, as being a Minister, I think you need to be out there explaining your governments actions or inaction, and addressing islanders concerns. 

Or maybe they're just quietly getting on with the job.  I mean we're seeing a lot of Lawrie Hooper - and does that strike you as good?  Both Barber and Poole-Wilson have been in MR news items about once a week recently, but because they've not been discussing controversial topics, it may be missed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Of which he'll probably only do ten - or less as it seems he's been on remand for quite some time and that usually counts as "time served".

anything over I think it is 5 years you do 2/3s of the sentence then IF released on parole will be on some form of licence for the rest of the time, might just be me but I would rather prefer my freedom than being stuck in jail for more than a decade over making a bit of cash but that might just be me

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

I know of plenty bars who would do well as a lot of their regulars are there!

There was a report in one of the papers with him telling one of the officers whatever time he got was worthwhile due to the amount of money he made. He doesn't seem that bothered. 

If he's a good boy and keeps his mouth shut there'll be a fortune waiting for him when he gets out. He won't even be forty and will never have to work.

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

there'll be a fortune waiting for him when he gets out. 

Our financial crime force and FSA working hard and catching the real criminals it seems.  £50K seized over 3 years and across the whole operation (i.e not just Kyle) is pretty pathetic. 

Meanwhile the Banking regulations associated with Proceeds of Crime mean that law abiding individuals and companies have to wait 6 months (if they're lucky) to open a bank account. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Won't they try to trace the money and seize it? 

I'm sure they'll try but the sort of people he's been dealing with can afford the best accountants in the business. Who knows where the money might be ? No doubt plenty has found its way into 'legitimate' property investments in Liverpool Docklands for instance. 

6 hours ago, Omobono said:

something tells me the prison management and culture is a bit soft  at Jurby , running crime syndicates  , smuggling in contraband  items  ,

wasn't the recent review critical of how the prison was operated , never mind the  huge cost of keeping someone  in there 

Even the screws had lockers full of illicit drugs. But a quick ‘say no more’ and that carpet gets even lumpier. 

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The comparable figure for England is about £50,000 but in part that's because their prisons are overcrowded while Jurby is never at full capacity.

That’s actually a good point. 
We need to fill this prison quick smart to make it more cost efficient. 
Tesco Mask wearers, domestic abuse victims and dodgy lawyers would be a start. 

9 hours ago, 2112 said:

JPW isn’t alone at being invisible, Minister Barber is the same. We all complain about Ann Corlett as she neither seen or heard, as being a Minister, I think you need to be out there explaining your governments actions or inaction, and addressing islanders concerns. 

Clare Barber was elected for a second term (way ahead of the often heard Chris Robertshaw btw). Douglas East voters don't do that for no reason.

Wouldn't doubt that the Prison authorities knew he had an illicit phone, and let him carry on to catch all involved in cahoots with the police. The police couldn't investigate a serving prisoner without the prison authorities knowledge and cooperation.

However, the Prison is far too lax, allowing prisoners "out on licence to work in the community", grossly under supervised, allowing all sorts of illicit items in. Far from protecting the public, they are letting these felons out to commit more crime, undetected by prison staff who have neither the inclination or morals to search them thoroughly on their return from their jollies.Under this woefully inadequate management, don't expect this to be the last we hear.All the clowns are not in the circus.

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

Wouldn't doubt that the Prison authorities knew he had an illicit phone, and let him carry on to catch all involved in cahoots with the police. The police couldn't investigate a serving prisoner without the prison authorities knowledge and cooperation.

However, the Prison is far too lax, allowing prisoners "out on licence to work in the community", grossly under supervised, allowing all sorts of illicit items in. Far from protecting the public, they are letting these felons out to commit more crime, undetected by prison staff who have neither the inclination or morals to search them thoroughly on their return from their jollies.Under this woefully inadequate management, don't expect this to be the last we hear.All the clowns are not in the circus.

According to the reports, the phone wasn't illicit, the SIMs were. 

• Like 1

The 'nonce' sense shitumentary "Britain's Softest Prison' was a stupid idea from the DHA. The useless bunch of w*nkers tried to justify the total embarrassment of a TV show that exposed sheer ineptitude.

To see that the IOM's most prolific drug dealer of all time sentenced from running a multi million pound operation from a prison cell says it all. Empty the useless f*ckwits out.