Ran a Drug Network from Jurby?

Gladys

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 11:47 AM, Barlow said:

Seriously. What sort of prison puts itself up for a reality TV programme?

What good did that do other than make the likes of Goldie a fucking celebrity strutting down Strand Street and in the pubs bragging about his latest exploits with the police.

Who gave it the go ahead? The Minister? A former DJ? Wtf?

Silly twat ain't never gonna learn...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-man-appears-in-court-after-being-tasered-by-police/

• Like 1

He's never been properly straightened out. He's just had an easy revolving door for years and it's a comfortable world in which he can function and find meaning. On his level we're rewarding him. It gives him his identity: 'I am Goldie and I'm a hard man and dangerous nutter'.

Even now there'll be probation officers and case workers assigned to his 'rehabilitation', all at the taxpayer's expense, and round and round it goes. More fluffy liberalism, hand-wringing and professional apologists.

Same with another well-known individual we all know. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

He's never been properly straightened out. He's just had an easy revolving door for years and it's a comfortable world in which he can function and find meaning. On his level we're rewarding him. It gives him his identity: 'I am Goldie and I'm a hard man and dangerous nutter'.

Even now there'll be probation officers and case workers assigned to his 'rehabilitation', all at the taxpayer's expense, and round and round it goes. More fluffy liberalism, hand-wringing and professional apologists.

Same with another well-known individual we all know. 

Rob? Alf? David? Stuart? Lawrie? Alex? Timothy? Julie? etc, etc

Needs names Judy.

• Haha 1

It sounds like electronic music (before they even had electricity) the words aren’t up to much but it’s fairly well put together.

IMO Kyle is, at worst, a street dealer who couldn’t organise the letters A,B,C, a member-of OSG’s? Bahahahahaah, no. Kitching seems like a nasty piece of work but again, no master criminal.

I love that we have a low crime rate here but the papers and police need to stop spouting nonsense about OSG’s and kingpins. I don’t know who the kingpins are but if I was going to hazard a guess, I wouldn’t be looking in council flats or at poor people.

• Like 2

For a long time, the Criminal Justice System has been broken. It’s become increasingly ineffective at doing what it should do; protecting the public, upholding and reinforcing the law. It’s become totally concentrated on the needs (often confused with “wants”) of offenders. Bad behaviour is explained, excused and tolerated rather than being confronted. The TV programme on our prison demonstrated that it has become immersed in the liberal, offender-centric culture and attempts at security and control are mere play-acting by some fairly ridiculous people. The fact that this nonsense was allowed and screened demonstrated very well that the public and their needs, wishes and confidence don’t matter. Idiots like Goldsmith thrive in this mess and live their miserable, unproductive and deluded lives quite well within it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

It sounds like electronic music (before they even had electricity) the words aren’t up to much but it’s fairly well put together.

IMO Kyle is, at worst, a street dealer who couldn’t organise the letters A,B,C, a member-of OSG’s? Bahahahahaah, no. Kitching seems like a nasty piece of work but again, no master criminal.

I love that we have a low crime rate here but the papers and police need to stop spouting nonsense about OSG’s and kingpins. I don’t know who the kingpins are but if I was going to hazard a guess, I wouldn’t be looking in council flats or at poor people.

He may not be the kingpin, more likely just a stupid and malleable pawn, but he could lead higher up the chain.  It won't be directly to the kingpin, but it possibly is a lead.  It isn't nonsense about OSGs (guess it means something like organised crime group), they do exist, but they will be difficult to track through and the lower end minions, likely some of the recent local arrests,  will be dispensible.  

None of the locals are likely to be master criminals themselves.  It is more likely they are in the control or thrall of organised crime groups from elsewhere.