Local Car Breakers

TheTeapot

Need a part for my car, new would cost nearly as much as the car itself but the car is of the age and sold well enough for there to be a number of them getting broken up these days. I'll give Rambo a shout in the week, but is there anyone else? Does Brian Cartmell still do it? Used to do insurance write offs up by the Clypse, but was always difficult to get in touch with anyway. Don't really want to drive a not 100% car all the way up there to find he's retired. What about the Northern Scrap people out Andreas Airfield? I'd much rather buy local than take to the internet. Thanks for any useful suggestions.

Years ago I had a similar situation. My non functioning ancient , not worth fixing up  car was stuck lifeless in a car park in Peel. Costains of Foxdale ( they of the annoying Manx Radio adverts) said they would collect it ( no key required to gain access) and give me £50 for it which they did . Must have been 15 years or soago mind

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Years ago I had a similar situation. My non functioning ancient , not worth fixing up  car was stuck lifeless in a car park in Peel. Costains of Foxdale ( they of the annoying Manx Radio adverts) said they would collect it ( no key required to gain access) and give me £50 for it which they did . Must have been 15 years or soago mind

Costains should branch out.

I've got two numbers in my phone referencing  Car Breakers, l'm not sure if still available. As follows 

Car Breakers Marty Downey tel 07624888999 ( work )

Car Breakers ( Rambo) work number 625262.

I had a Z3 which often needed parts.

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I've got two numbers in my phone referencing  Car Breakers, l'm not sure if still available. As follows 

Car Breakers Marty Downey tel 07624888999 ( work )

Car Breakers ( Rambo) work number 625262.

I had a Z3 which often needed parts.

Hope this is helpful.

Also slightly off topic, l have a Javlin glass window screen and Bumper ( l think it's a bumper). I not sure of the year?  It's in the cellar... obviously a classic car. If anyone has any interest in this please let me know.

Thanks 😊  

On 8/12/2023 at 10:30 AM, TheTeapot said:

Need a part for my car, new would cost nearly as much as the car itself but the car is of the age and sold well enough for there to be a number of them getting broken up these days. I'll give Rambo a shout in the week, but is there anyone else? Does Brian Cartmell still do it? Used to do insurance write offs up by the Clypse, but was always difficult to get in touch with anyway. Don't really want to drive a not 100% car all the way up there to find he's retired. What about the Northern Scrap people out Andreas Airfield? I'd much rather buy local than take to the internet. Thanks for any useful suggestions.

Get on Ebay. 

People advertise cars that are being broken up.  Usually they just advertise a wheel nut or something small and silly for whatever car to get on the platform, but it means you can then message the seller/breaker for the specific part you need.  I've successfully done this many times in the past. 

Or sometimes they'll also list the specific part. 

You can also get Chinese knock off parts too.  Depends what the part is.  If it was a wing mirror or something non-critical then these are usually ok. 

Edited by The Phantom