David Foul-er

HeliX

On 8/18/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ringy Rose said:

Ann Summers

There was an Ann Summers shop in Strand Street some years ago. It closed quite a while ago. Covid was not to blame. A total lack of interest by the locals in that kind of thing is presumably the reason. Pubs still seem to be doing trade, though.

I don't know what "that kind of thing" is though. I didn't have a pair of dark glasses at the time, so I didn't enter the premises.

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

There was an Ann Summers shop in Strand Street some years ago. It closed quite a while ago. Covid was not to blame. A total lack of interest by the locals in that kind of thing is presumably the reason.

For Chrissake, I did my best, how many thongs does a Guy need!!!

Actually, they were called G-Strings in my day!

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Actually, they were called G-Strings in my day!

I still do some programming, for free, for the Internet. People talk in words and sentences, but to a programmer, they are just strings of characters - or just strings. There are functions to cut strings, insert sub-strings and so on. One library I use prefaces all function names with the letter "g".

Sometimes I cannot remember the parameters of a function so I type into Google, for example, "How do I find the length of a gstring". And I don't get the answer I am expecting.

Well, sometimes I do it just to brighten up the day.

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

There was an Ann Summers shop in Strand Street some years ago. It closed quite a while ago. Covid was not to blame. A total lack of interest by the locals in that kind of thing is presumably the reason. Pubs still seem to be doing trade, though.

I don't know what "that kind of thing" is though. I didn't have a pair of dark glasses at the time, so I didn't enter the premises.

I don’t think it was lack of interest. I think it was it’s too so with standing at the checkout with a pink fluffy basket full of goodies only to find your colleague, or your neighbour or your ex in the queue behind you.

That said, I once found myself in a sex shop in Amsterdam. I was actually there with another MF poster. We were browsing, only to find ANOTHER MF poster in the same shop! True story. The three of us ended up having a great night. (but not like that). 😁

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

I still do some programming, for free, for the Internet. People talk in words and sentences, but to a programmer, they are just strings of characters - or just strings. There are functions to cut strings, insert sub-strings and so on. One library I use prefaces all function names with the letter "g".

Sometimes I cannot remember the parameters of a function so I type into Google, for example, "How do I find the length of a gstring". And I don't get the answer I am expecting.

Well, sometimes I do it just to brighten up the day.

Are you sure you only had a couple of beers? Nothing else? 😂

28 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Now there’s so thing I didn’t need to read on my way to bed.

So much so that it affected  your grammar and sentence structure! Tut Tut!!!

Use two hands on your keyboard!!!!

Edited by Kopek

26 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I once found myself in a sex shop in Amsterdam. I was actually there with another MF poster. We were browsing, only to find ANOTHER MF poster in the same shop! True story. The three of us ended up having a great night

How did you all recognise each other?   Were you all wearing official MF, er, merchandise?

11 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

How did you all recognise each other?   Were you all wearing official MF, er, merchandise?

We were all friends IRL and we all knew each other on MF too. The friend we met unexpectedly was also the BIL of the other party. The IOM, where you can, anywhere.

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

We were all friends IRL and we all knew each other on MF too. The friend we met unexpectedly was also the BIL of the other party. The IOM, where you can, anywhere.

Please please can we stop all this acronym business Rox?

I know the basics (IIRC, BTW and MF of course etc) but IRL, BIL? I could take a stab at BIL ( brother in law?) but it would only be an educated guess.

TY