A level results (or not)

cheesypeas

Ballakermeen students told to 'delete and disregard' A-Level results which were sent early - in error - today. 

They were supposed to be embargoed until 8am tomorrow (17 August) - the Department of Education, Sport and Culture has blamed an 'administrative error'. 

Students are being asked to attend the school tomorrow as planned to pick up the same results which were emailed earlier today. 

Were you one of the students emailed in error? How does it feel to have your results before anyone else on the Island? Let us know how you did by leaving a comment below:

1 minute ago, x-in-man said:

I have read and deleted this thread from my memory.  I will read it again tomorrow. 

Please don't forget to add the obligatory comments of "exams are easier now than they were in my day". Along with a story about walking to and from school and it was uphill both ways/ice inside the windows. 

OK. In the overall scheme of things, this is quite a minor issue, but the overall pattern of incompetence and stupidity in the Isle of Man Public Service is staggering. When are we going to see people held to account. When are we going to see people lose their jobs, or at least some seniority. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense the public are getting thoroughly sick and tired of this sort of thing being brushed aside as an 'administrative error'. 

@Stu Peters  @Chris Thomas when is someone going to really get a grip of our PS?

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nellie said:

OK. In the overall scheme of things, this is quite a minor issue, but the overall pattern of incompetence and stupidity in the Isle of Man Public Service is staggering. When are we going to see people held to account. When are we going to see people lose their jobs, or at least some seniority. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense the public are getting thoroughly sick and tired of this sort of thing being brushed aside as an 'administrative error'. 

@Stu Peters  @Chris Thomas when is someone going to really get a grip of our PS?

Never is the answer

• Like 1

8 hours ago, x-in-man said:

I have read and deleted this thread from my memory.  I will read it again tomorrow. 

I mean, in all the madness, that was the worst. Not that they sent the result early, but that they asked the young ones to delete the mail without reading it. Who even thought that would be a feasible idea?  Is there anyone in the entire world who would follow that advice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

A* not so much. 

I've heard a lot of Balla students have received grades significantly below what they were predicted. 

A somewhat cynical view but:

The last couple of decades it has got  bit ridiculous, especially with GCSEs. Whether our bright young things are getting even brighter and brighter* is not the point. There needs to be a meaningful grading system. And lots and lots being awarded grade A*s is starting to become meaningless.

There needs to be a reset.

But the good old universities need to fill all those places, kerching. Especially with all the feckless kids who like to proclaim "I am the first of our family to go to university". Easy money.

*They are not. I think they are getting thicker, but that is bit the point.