A level results (or not)

cheesypeas

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

A low-level admin person didn’t set up the email correctly and you’re wanting them to be sacked. I’m sure you’ve never  made a minor mistake.

In which case the supervisor/manager should be reprimanded for allowing slackarsedness to appear on their shift. I would also doubt that it would be a low-level admin person (?) that would be given responsibility for sending out these emails.

Unless of course this was 'a computer error' in which case no one is really to blame. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Barlow said:

In which case the supervisor/manager should be reprimanded for allowing slackarsedness to appear on their shift. I would also doubt that it would be a low-level admin person (?) that would be given responsibility for sending out these emails.

Unless of course this was 'a computer error' in which case no one is really to blame. 

What's it like never making mistakes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Typical gov paid employee response.

Those of us in the real world cant make mistakes like that.

If they do their company will be out of work along with its employees.

Haha what sort of company goes out of business because they sent some emails out a few hours early?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Haha what sort of company goes out of business because they sent some emails out a few hours early?

Say, a public company making a SE announcement, or tied by a contractual embargo, or a premature announcement about some major commercial development that scuppers the deal? 

The exam faux pas is not a biggie, but in the commercial world that kind of lack of attention could have serious consequences.  But, there again,  you wouldn't leave something like that to a junior staff member.

What about an embargoed message being sent by the police 24 hours before it should have?  

On this, could it cause problems with the examining boards? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

What's it like never making mistakes?

Oh don't you worry son, I'm not immune to having made a mistake, or maybe two. When that has happened I had a severe bollicking/dressing down from my boss, although apparently nothing like as severe as they received in turn from their boss. As a result mistakes were rare.

Very rare.

But I am surprised at your apparently laissez-faire attitude on this. 

True, no one has died, but the principle towards careless mistakes is just the same.

12 hours ago, Barlow said:

A somewhat cynical view but:

The last couple of decades it has got  bit ridiculous, especially with GCSEs. Whether our bright young things are getting even brighter and brighter* is not the point. There needs to be a meaningful grading system. And lots and lots being awarded grade A*s is starting to become meaningless.

There needs to be a reset.

But the good old universities need to fill all those places, kerching. Especially with all the feckless kids who like to proclaim "I am the first of our family to go to university". Easy money.

*They are not. I think they are getting thicker, but that is bit the point.

Also a somewhat cynical view but:

The last couple of decades it has got a bit ridiculous, especially with 130mph+ laps. Whether our bright young riders are getting even faster and faster* is not the point. There needs to be a meaningful timing system. And lots and lots being awarded lap records is starting to become meaningless.

There needs to be a reset.

But the good old TT organisers need to fill all those places, kerching. Especially with all the feckless riders who like to proclaim "I am the first of our family to lap at 130mph at the TT". Easy money.

*They are not. I think they are getting slower, but that is bit (sic) the point.

An interesting analogy but somewhat neurotic.

Motorcycle engineering is improving all the time, with the riders accordingly taking more of a risk to excel. Whereas arguably A' Levels are getting easier and less effort is required to gain top results.

But yes, university ('uni') is a money making business and so is TT. 

Oh Gawd, does this mean that Radio 4 are going to spend a week  analysing these results, is it worse that '19, will Unis take all this into account???

Willl 'Womens Hour' try so hard to find an 'anti women' aspect to these results??????

Maybe time to switch to Manx Radio? Gawd no, that's a bit extreme of a solution!!!!

1 hour ago, WTF said:

Interesting.

Links to the Daily Mail website should be banned. For lots of reasons but mainly because the website is laden with total crap clickbait and opens videos I did not ask to open and hangs my laptop.

But anyway, if you were sent an email and them another email saying don't open the first email and delete it - what would you do?