Prostate cancer

Lilly

4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

If that was how somebody felt - and they felt strongly enough about it - no one would force them to attend for screening.   Plenty of people don’t return the bowel screening samples - I personally think they are wrong, but it’s their decision.

I’m not a radiologist (if one is reading this, please leap in and correct me if I’m wrong!), but I think it very unlikely that MRI could definitively differentiate between very aggressive and less aggressive cancer cells.   Where an MRI shows that cancer has spread beyond the bounds of the prostate, treatment is needed and that’s that.   Where it shows that the cancer is contained completely within the prostate, the only way (at the moment) to be certain of how aggressive the cells are is by a biopsy.   It might not be pleasant - but you’d know whether to have treatment/surgery right away or whether to leave it well alone and monitor for changes.   I appreciate that the “c-word” is in your head by then…

I might be wrong and I'm sure I have read it somewhere but having a biopsy is not without risks, in terms "activating" (my word) the cells.

For PC to be ranked 2nd in the list of all cancers (claiming 60K+ lives in the UK and on a par with BC) then it really does make you wonder why the development of screening and treatment etc lags so far behind BC.

• Like 2

Our Charity Mannin Cancers is funding Transperineal Biopsy which is an MRI guided biopsy. It finds Prostate cancer much earlier and is a gold standard. We hope it will be on Island before the end of the year. It’s costing around £200k and the maintenance costs will be met by a local Foundation. We are a long way off Prostate Screening. The UK government has agreed to fund Lung Cancer Screening that has to be set up first and that will come at a massive cost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

In the end I don’t really care. If I get diagnosed with cancer then I’m off to dignitas asap ( hurray I hear you😂 ). Much better than having the NHS kill me slowly and painfully. I’ve zero confidence in the NHS. Has to be one of the most inept institutions in the world. God knows why we bankrupted the county to save it. 

Mannin Cancers is the sibling Charity of Manx Breast Cancer Support Group. First registered in 2019 it is about to start building a Maggie -type Cancer Support and information centre at Nobles Hospital. It also fundraises for Male cancers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course there is a downside to getting a private MRI prostate scan and it turns out you have it ( or need a biopsy ) and that is the NHS will tell you to bugger off. Your scan was private so you have to stay private. Now most people at risk could probably afford a private scan ( it’s about £500 and most 60 plus blokes should have that lying around ) but can’t afford the treatment which I imagine is very expensive. So whichever way you look at it you’re stuffed. A nationwide screening system is a pipe dream. It’ll never happen as not enough people get it and you never know just how the NHS will decide to allocate their scant resources. But it won’t be on prostate cancer. They’ll probably spend it on some managers to investigate why some NHS managers seem incapable of managing , who will conclude said incapable managers have been bullied and award them a truckload of tax free cash. Then we’ll have a public enquiry to find out if they were right. They won’t because all said managers will have buggered off to somewhere sunny accompanied by their golden handshakes and tax payer funded pension pots. Trebles all round.

19 hours ago, Anyone said:

Of course there is a downside to getting a private MRI prostate scan and it turns out you have it ( or need a biopsy ) and that is the NHS will tell you to bugger off. Your scan was private so you have to stay private. Now most people at risk could probably afford a private scan ( it’s about £500 and most 60 plus blokes should have that lying around ) but can’t afford the treatment which I imagine is very expensive. So whichever way you look at it you’re stuffed. A nationwide screening system is a pipe dream. It’ll never happen as not enough people get it and you never know just how the NHS will decide to allocate their scant resources. But it won’t be on prostate cancer. They’ll probably spend it on some managers to investigate why some NHS managers seem incapable of managing , who will conclude said incapable managers have been bullied and award them a truckload of tax free cash. Then we’ll have a public enquiry to find out if they were right. They won’t because all said managers will have buggered off to somewhere sunny accompanied by their golden handshakes and tax payer funded pension pots. Trebles all round.

I'm not sure of all the information on your post, but it made me sad when l read it, it certainly wasn't the experience my late husband and l encountered.

In this instance, the NHS did its very best to save his life, but unfortunatel,the cancer was aggressive. 

The facts are simple: we need to introduce prostate cancer screening using MRI to save lives.

Over the last 3 years of my husband's life, we met many other patients with PC, some older men, who will probably die of old age rather than Prostate Cancer, as treatments can and do work.

Edited by Lilly
Added last sentence
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Anyone said:

In the end I don’t really care. If I get diagnosed with cancer then I’m off to dignitas asap ( hurray I hear you😂 ). Much better than having the NHS kill me slowly and painfully. I’ve zero confidence in the NHS. Has to be one of the most inept institutions in the world. God knows why we bankrupted the county to save it. 

13 hours ago, Anyone said:

Are these comments and observations based on your own experience of dealing with prostate cancer in the current NHS?

Or just relentlessly negative speculation?

Genuine question - it’s hard to tell…

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Like 1

If you trust Rockerfeller medicine (Allopathic medicine) then that is your choice. Anytime you have a medical condition I suggest you do a search on "natural treatment for <condition>. Fewer adverse side effects and less pain.

If you are taking more than 20 seconds to empty then I suggest you do something today. 

On page 2 of this thread I mentioned Papaya leaf tea + green tea. That works in a few days and you should be back to normal quickly.  (Active ingredient is Lycopene).

There are many other natural treatments. Read this and apply:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321231

If it is more serious than this then you need to more components, which directly applies to many other similar conditions. I will be obtuse and it is up to you to unravel and understand.

The God Plant is very relevant, complete and in olive oil form, add to your food. Reason is the prostate will exude a lot more of the two receptors. Activating them with the oil causes apoptosis.

Look up the Joe Tippens Protocol and do some reading. (Rick Simpson is a stronger oil than suggested). Apply.

Turmeric and Black Pepper is a powerful anti inflammatory, put in your food. Curcumin is the active component.

Mushrooms such as Turkey tail, Cordeceps, Reishi, Chaga

Keep off sugar and refined carbs (rocket fuel)

Paleo or Mediterranean diet.

Laetrile (Vitamin B17 or Amygdalin). Inhibits tumors.

Boost immune system with Vit D, zinc, and echinacea.

The above is old medicine known to work, and is applied in various parts of the world. If you have a slow system you should be back to normal within a few days just with the PLT + GT. If it is worse then it will take longer.

Your call, your choice, your body.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Anyone said:

Of course there is a downside to getting a private MRI prostate scan and it turns out you have it ( or need a biopsy ) and that is the NHS will tell you to bugger off. Your scan was private so you have to stay private. 

Categorically untrue. You can have a private consultation, tests, and elect to return to the NHS for treatment at any time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, philwebs said:

If you trust Rockerfeller medicine (Allopathic medicine) then that is your choice.

Conversely, if you have been diagnosed with cancer and you decide to trust natural treatments, then that is also your choice.   As philwebs suggests above, do your reading and your research, and satisfy yourself that this is the correct treatment route for you.

And, as stated above: your call, your choice, your body.

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Conversely, if you have been diagnosed with cancer and you decide to trust natural treatments, then that is also your choice.   As philwebs suggests above, do your reading and your research, and satisfy yourself that this is the correct treatment route for you.

And, as stated above: your call, your choice, your body.

I think it's definitely worth looking at your diet and drinking habits when you have a diagnosis of any kind. I know l spent many hours researching foods that may help in the fight to try and slow the cancer down and not aid it in anyway.  I have to tell you that l lost an extraordinary amount of weight and have continued with a healthy lifestyle.   l actually feel much better and l hopefully look much fitter. But did it work?  It's your journey;  you must do as you wish.  The Internet is full of well-meaning advice;  maybe having a healthy diet with exercise is a good starting point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I think it's definitely worth looking at your diet and drinking habits when you have a diagnosis of any kind. I know l spent many hours researching foods that may help in the fight to try and slow the cancer down and not aid it in anyway.  I have to tell you that l lost an extraordinary amount of weight and have continued with a healthy lifestyle.   l actually feel much better and l hopefully look much fitter. But did it work?  It's your journey;  you must do as you wish.  The Internet is full of well-meaning advice;  maybe having a healthy diet with exercise is a good starting point.

Well, l suppose l better follow my own advice. 🙃 My labrador is sitting here with his legs crossed, probably thinking, ' Get off the Manx forum. '  patiently waiting for his walk on two small squares, of Douglas Beach is are permitted to be use daily.  Don't worry, armed with  poo bags, although he quite likes eating other dogs poo if l don't watch him! Maybe Douglas council could put him on their work force with a good pension scheme.😄 

• Haha 2

On 8/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, Jarndyce said:

Are these comments and observations based on your own experience of dealing with prostate cancer in the current NHS?

Or just relentlessly negative speculation?

Genuine question - it’s hard to tell…

Question 1 yes , I don’t think I have or will ever have it , I hope not. But they statistics say I will. But no test as I’m told I’ve had enough of them and it costs too much , like what a fiver? The PSA test is unreliable , but I don’t care anymore , what will be will be. It’s funny really as I thought the NHS really looked after old people . So no it’s not negative speciation as most GP’s when you ask for a PSA say no , and no scans as private means you stay private and that’s expensive.