MGP 2023

La Colombe

Anyway, two things - firstly I am sick to death of the stupid roads in Douglas, who ever thought we needed a cycle lane on Pulrose Bridge needs their head checked (I forgot my spa kit today and had to nip home and get it after the gym...3 hours later ffs) and the other thing is, there should be an age limit, even the maddest of bikers admits their reactions are not what they when they're past 50. My friend sold his sports bike for exactly that reason, he realised that the bike was out riding him and it was the wise thing to do. 

Edited by 2bees
s
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Anyone want to put a best guess figure on the cost of this amateur death fest on local construction companies?

The £amount of local spend lost when thousands of residents go on holiday to get away from the Death Fests?

I am calling it more than it brings to the rock.

In addition to that, the piss poor hotels on the rock - Apart from a few new and very well setup ones - count on MGP and the TT to keep going like Zombie Hotels.

Most hotels on the rock are SH1T, damp old boarding houses from the last century that have had a bit of paint and somehow managed to add an en-suite.  If you cant see that, get some glasses. I would never stay in 98% of them. 

If you got rid of the dross, better hotels would establish and the tourist economy would expand.

You could always move somewhere else and stop worrying about it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Anyone want to put a best guess figure on the cost of this amateur death fest on local construction companies?

The £amount of local spend lost when thousands of residents go on holiday to get away from the Death Fests?

I am calling it more than it brings to the rock.

In addition to that, the piss poor hotels on the rock - Apart from a few new and very well setup ones - count on MGP and the TT to keep going like Zombie Hotels.

Most hotels on the rock are SH1T, damp old boarding houses from the last century that have had a bit of paint and somehow managed to add an en-suite.  If you cant see that, get some glasses. I would never stay in 98% of them. 

If you got rid of the dross, better hotels would establish and the tourist economy would expand.

Most construction companies & tradespeople are working, you haven’t a clue.

Doubt a sad loser like you ever travels & if you did its a twin B& B with your mum

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Heard reports that it was zero free beds at Nobles that was more of a factor in the cancellation than the weather forecast.

That was definitely the case for ‘ none racing incident’ for the curtailment of Sunday nights practice 

58 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Heard reports that it was zero free beds at Nobles that was more of a factor in the cancellation than the weather forecast.

Just now, Numbnuts said:

That was definitely the case for ‘ none racing incident’ for the curtailment of Sunday nights practice 

Evidence?   Any links, etc?

Helix he has moved somewhere else, why he has this interest in what we are up to is a mystery to many, unless of course he realises he has made the wrong call and is still persuading himself he made the right one, the bitterness is sad a very unhappy individual.