Claim to fame or is any publicity good publicity

Fred the shred

44 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Reported on 9.00am news on MR.     Apparently the private jet that was or was not carrying the Wagner fella was registered in the Isle of Man.   How they came about that little nugget I do not know.

(It was reported in the Wall Street Journal, Fred.)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Reported on 9.00am news on MR.     Apparently the private jet that was or was not carrying the Wagner fella was registered in the Isle of Man.   How they came about that little nugget I do not know.

Very old news, and your comment is inaccurate. It was M-SAAN from 6/11/2018 to 1/10/2019, so it was previously registered here, but it had not been on the IOM register for almost four years.

I saw this reported quite widely about an hour after it fell out of the sky.

I've no idea why MR didn't report it then, it they thought it was relevant as local news.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

Very old news, and your comment is inaccurate. It was M-SAAN from 6/11/2018 to 1/10/2019, so it was previously registered here, but it had not been on the IOM register for almost four years.

I saw this reported quite widely about an hour after it fell out of the sky.

I've no idea why MR didn't report it then, it they thought it was relevant as local news.

The NPM have no news to report, or a rationing any news to suit their own agenda. Mind you if they and IOMG wish to boast of super yachts and private jets, especially ones which were previously own/leased by oligarchs and other undesirable individuals, there would be lots of articles they could produce. Remember two years ago, the NPM, IOMG, Politicos and social media were agog when Super Yacht A visited the island. Not forgetting the furore that Lewis Hamiltons private jet caused. 

All publicity, irrespective of whether it’s negative. 

Edited by 2112

Everyone in the corporate service industry  knew  the Isle of Man had lots of aircraft and Yachts  owned by  eastern europeans  ,a perfectly legitimate  business operation  prior to the war in Ukraine and the introduction of sanctions  and restrictions  against certain high net worth individuals  the  assets were managed  by Local  companies   , that business  has gone and much of it  taken over by Malta   and Dubai , 

Billions of pounds worth of business has also left the city of London , everyone knew  Yachts and aircraft owned by wealthy Russians were formerly here ,  is the Isle of Man newspapers just looking for another headline ? its time they found some real up to date news stories 

• Thanks 1

Manx Radio's weekend news stories are notorious for their slowness and vague air of desperation.  For example one court report published this morning actually appeared on the newspapers' site last Sunday (and possibly in print before that).  My favourite recent one though was two Saturdays ago with the headline No reports of people stripping for sunflower photos on IoM.  They're probably safer reporting on things that don't happen.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

My favourite recent one though was two Saturdays ago with the headline No reports of people stripping for sunflower photos on IoM.  They're probably safer reporting on things that don't happen.

Yes I saw the “ report”. You don’t get much more tenuous than that.

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

The NPM have no news to report, or a rationing any news to suit their own agenda. 

How many more times ? If you mean Manx Radio then please please call it thus. Not NPM.

Those of use of a certain age get confused thinking you mean NSM, a product that was in place of, or partially in place,of tobacco in cigarettes in the 1980’s. It didn’t take off.

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Those of use of a certain age get confused thinking you mean NSM, a product that was in place of, or partially in place,of tobacco in cigarettes in the 1980’s. It didn’t take off.

FYI. One person might, no one else would, in fact the link is so tenious that it might be thought of as trolling.

Acronmyms are a part of the internet. It's you who needs to get used to it. The days of paper and quill have gone.

That said, @2112, it's wearying reading it. It's not even true any more. Since they had their falling out with government they're a lot more critical, all be it in a passive aggressive fashion, and who can blame them for that when they're held over a barrel regarding their on-going funding. It's an unhealthy relationship when they are supposed to be our nation's station. ONS, if you will.