HOPs

Manxman1234

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Is this a genuine question?

They turned the water off for several hours while replacing a main. People use much less water while they are asleep. 

Thank you. Was genuinely wondering why a main junction that has been blocked off for three weeks, has seen more work in 4 hours in the middle of the night, than it has in the rest of the 8 days since "works" have started.

I see Professor Ashford popped up on the NPM (MR) this morning claiming that business haven’t been consulted regarding the minimum wage, whilst the LVA are whinging somewhat that it’s a government move to increase taxation. Are they complaining about their costs in employing people? Do they wish a low cost labour environment, where people work all the hours under the sun, sweating away in a hot environment? Times have changed. I am struggling to see where Professor Ashford fits into this, is he the Minister for the Licensed Victuallers? Or is he pitching himself as Minister for Enterprise? I find it confusing as he was part of administrations, which were hoping to merge both the living wage (higher than the minimum wage) and the national minimum wage into a universal minimum wage.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I find it confusing as he was part of administrations, which were hoping to merge both the living wage (higher than the minimum wage) and the national minimum wage into a universal minimum wage.

That's politics for you. A politician is either Government or Opposition. And a politician can be both although not at the same time of course. Gamekeeper turned poacher and vice versa type of thing. House of Commons is rife with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

The HoC is a cesspit.

So is Tynpotwald. The ayes have it …….

Professor Ashford waffling on about consultation and lack of consultation with business is a bit galling really. He sat on high, playing with the big boys and being Howies big mate, and doing everything he could to serve his masters. Let’s face it, whatever arose from consultations if people objected or concerns, Government merely walks all over them and any opposition. Consultations are merely paying lip service, and they will carry on regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Closed as no rugby on? I’ve a feeling this bar is a little confused what it wants to be 

IMG_5614.jpeg

I saw that too .

Closed because there’s no rugby on?

I don’t know how regularly rugby is “ on” but I imagine it’s “off” more days than it is “on”

Check your TV Times before venturing out

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I saw that too .

Closed because there’s no rugby on?

I don’t know how regularly rugby is “ on” but I imagine it’s “off” more days than it is “on”

Check your TV Times before venturing out

Doesn’t stand out as a sports bar to me . Sadly I can see this venture gone by March 

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

If it sees Christmas out I will be amazed.

It’s a shame. It’s tough time for the trade, although seems to be school boy error after school boy error . 
there is a market for a nice whiskey bar / tap bar, they just seem to be mis advised. 
it needs a theme and stick to it