HOPs

Manxman1234

Just now, jackwhite said:

Wasn't actually aware.

Tried enough O'Kells to know I don't think I'd like any of them.

Would appear Nelson Sauvin is used in at least the Olaf, Maclir, Saison and Bitter.

Helpfully, some of the other beers just have the one ingredient listed, water!

Fuggles in IPA I think. 

17 hours ago, Kopek said:

I asked for a Cortado in H&G, got a quarter pound of minced beef!!! Mis communication \i guess???

Good coffeee eventually, second visit, not so good! Changed their coffee I guess? Why?

What is a ' Cortado' Kopek?  Is it a type of expresso or something else?  

24 minutes ago, Lilly said:

What is a ' Cortado' Kopek?  Is it a type of expresso or something else?  

Half espresso, half steamed milk.

49 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

We went in last week. It was pretty good.

Pros

Great choice of beers. Really friendly guy. 

Cons

It was cold with the door open. You feel like you are in a shop window. Poor choice of wine. Second hand and scruffy furniture.

We will go back again because the craft beer was so exciting 😄

I really don't mind the furniture at all. Some like it, some don't. Wouldn't describe it as scruffy but each to their own. 

Think those big windows on the front are great but also get what you mean.

I'm there now and they have three choices of white and 5 reds. Wouldn't say it's high end wine but I don't drink it when out, so doesn't fuss me. 

Fair comments all the same. 

All that said at least you'd go back and they definitely have a great choice of beers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Scored this in Tesco last night.  Not sampled yet, but heading towards Imperial strength @ 8%.  Pretty reasonable too £4 and were on 4 for 3 deal. 

Northern Monk Chocolate Fudge Brownie Stout 440ml

I'm not very familiar with stouts and ales but this looks interesting... Hope its just a note of fudge and not actually sweet 

As a noob to the way these are manufactured, how do they add the flavours to this? 

Some of these very sweet and strong beers have been around for a long time. Back in the mid 1980s, was involved with the Bristol Beer festival and was introduced to a beer from Eku. {I think  it was Eku 28}  sold at the time as the strongest beer in the world. It came out of the bottle  like ketchup, very sweet and not to my taste at all. I think it was around 13% so around 3 times stronger than my usual tipple. 

Beers {bitters} around 4 to 5 % suit my taste buds better

2 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Half espresso, half steamed milk.

I really don't mind the furniture at all. Some like it, some don't. Wouldn't describe it as scruffy but each to their own. 

Think those big windows on the front are great but also get what you mean.

I'm there now and they have three choices of white and 5 reds. Wouldn't say it's high end wine but I don't drink it when out, so doesn't fuss me. 

Fair comments all the same. 

All that said at least you'd go back and they definitely have a great choice of beers. 

We will definitely go back because I liked it. However my missus is more likely to be up for going back if;

It's warm and

There is some better wine.

I hope my comments are constructive. 

• Like 1