HOPs

Manxman1234

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Still not been in Hops, but you're all making me want to.

Yes, you do wonder why we're now on page 34 of (mostly) vitriol directed toward one drinking venue.  It seemed busy enough last time I passed.  And, as I've pointed out before, the mismatched seating is so common in fashionable bars/restaurants/coffee shops in London, that's it's become a cliché.  You'd probably get thrown out of Hackney if they found two identical pieces of furniture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes, you do wonder why we're now on page 34 of (mostly) vitriol directed toward one drinking venue.  It seemed busy enough last time I passed.  And, as I've pointed out before, the mismatched seating is so common in fashionable bars/restaurants/coffee shops in London, that's it's become a cliché.  You'd probably get thrown out of Hackney if they found two identical pieces of furniture.

The main problem really seems to be the fact that the owner regularly makes a complete tool out of himself on social media. As in the case above just making stupid comments in relation to a competitor. He’s not really the sort of person that you’d want to give your money to because of how he portrays himself and his business which I’m sure influences peoples opinions more than the mismatched chairs. 

• Like 1

The main problem for 'Hops' on MF is that it came to prominence due to Jack White support, Jack was confrontational in his early days and gathered deserved opprobrium for that stance, since then Jack has been a valuable contributor on   the hospitality ind. and we should value his contribution?

It may have some truth in it???

I've not been to Hops and apart from it's proximity to Orange Indya, not likely to? It is a 'Bar', nothing more nothing less, if it works for them, good, if not I'm sure there will be a queue of other tenants to try their luck in the position???

Probably a Nail Bar??? Hey! Acetone and tonic please!!!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Have you been in though? Saying it looked OK last time you passed is hardly a thorough review🤔

Yes you can get away with some retro furniture but is has to be cool..... But warm. It's not cool, it's cold, too bright and a bit unwelcoming. 

Wouldn't take much to make it much better. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Thefella said:

The main problem really seems to be the fact that the owner regularly makes a complete tool out of himself on social media. As in the case above just making stupid comments in relation to a competitor. He’s not really the sort of person that you’d want to give your money to because of how he portrays himself and his business which I’m sure influences peoples opinions more than the mismatched chairs. 

Fully agree. 

Between the owner and its consultant on here, they keep this active for all the wrong reasons. My suggestion would be to focus on their own business and not take shots at others in the trade or their customers.

the trade needs to work together to get people out of their houses, not take cheap pot shots.

and agree. Could spend a grand in that place. Give it some atmosphere and character and organise it and make it welcoming 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The main problem for 'Hops' on MF is that it came to prominence due to Jack White support, Jack was confrontational in his early days and gathered deserved opprobrium for that stance, since then Jack has been a valuable contributor on   the hospitality ind. and we should value his contribution?

It may have some truth in it???

I've not been to Hops and apart from it's proximity to Orange Indya, not likely to? It is a 'Bar', nothing more nothing less, if it works for them, good, if not I'm sure there will be a queue of other tenants to try their luck in the position???

Probably a Nail Bar??? Hey! Acetone and tonic please!!!

What’s orange indyia like? Not tried it yet.

7 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Between the owner and its consultant on here, they keep this active for all the wrong reasons.

But it was you who chose to restart this thread, after 11 months of no comments…and there are no comments here from Jack White since it was restarted.   So not sure what you’re getting at…

Edited by Jarndyce
Addition
  • Like 2