HOPs

Manxman1234

42 minutes ago, reptar said:

Despite taking the piss a bit when it opened I've been a few times and really like it. Great selection of drinks, lots that you can't get in other places here, and a good atmosphere. Had a chat with the landlord who seems decent and will deffo go back when I can. There's not much wrong with it, and if mismatched chairs is the biggest problem that people can come up with then I reckon he's doing alright.

What about the lack of heating? That was my problem. I would have gone back for the beer but the mediocre wine selection and the fact that you had to wrap up warm and sit in your coat made the place off limits for Mrs Happier Diner. 

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

I will comment on your question only. The rest in here is just a pile on and I’ve said I won’t get involved. 

Tobacco is very strictly regulated these days. One of the consequences of that is you’re not allowed to advertise it. 

If you want to know any more about the stock they carry, drop me a message and I will forward it on. I will then come back to you with their response. I know as a rough outline but do know they’re doing well on them and the stock is ever changing. 

Alternatively, if you’re ok with socials, drop them a message and they’ll be happy to advise you. 

You own it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackwhite said:

I will comment on your question only. The rest in here is just a pile on and I’ve said I won’t get involved. 

Tobacco is very strictly regulated these days. One of the consequences of that is you’re not allowed to advertise it. 

If you want to know any more about the stock they carry, drop me a message and I will forward it on. I will then come back to you with their response. I know as a rough outline but do know they’re doing well on them and the stock is ever changing. 

Alternatively, if you’re ok with socials, drop them a message and they’ll be happy to advise you. 

As I said I’m not a cigar smoker, my question really was trying to ascertain how the cigar selling side of things might be going given that it was a USP of the business. Just out of interest. Not looking to come to some sort of clandestine arrangement.

And I’m not sure  that you  giving a bit of information on that side of things could be regarded as advertising.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

What about the lack of heating? That was my problem. I would have gone back for the beer but the mediocre wine selection and the fact that you had to wrap up warm and sit in your coat made the place off limits for Mrs Happier Diner. 

It’s fine mate. It was cold in winter until they got a handle on it but they’ve sorted the door and the building itself is warm. 

Never known it to be cold since they originally opened and got to grips with it.  They also have heaters on hand if required. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

As I said I’m not a cigar smoker, my question really was trying to ascertain how the cigar selling side of things might be going given that it was a USP of the business. Just out of interest. Not looking to come to some sort of clandestine arrangement.

And I’m not sure  that you  giving a bit of information on that side of things could be regarded as advertising.

Heavy fines for advertising any tobacco, even information. 

They have sought a lot of advice from those in the industry and it’s something I’ve got chapter and verse on for projects of mine.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

They have sought a lot of advice from those in the industry and it’s something I’ve got chapter and verse on for projects of mine.

This was my question:-

But the whole concept always seemed a bit strange. There’s a lot of comments on here re the place itself and the beer it sells. Very little on the cigar side of things ( I’m not a cigar smoker myself) which seemed to be one of its USP when it opened.

Anybody had any experience or have observations on the cigar thing?

You reckon you’ll get fined  for giving me an answer on social media to this innocent question?

I would be very doubtful about that

•  

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

This was my question:-

But the whole concept always seemed a bit strange. There’s a lot of comments on here re the place itself and the beer it sells. Very little on the cigar side of things ( I’m not a cigar smoker myself) which seemed to be one of its USP when it opened.

Anybody had any experience or have observations on the cigar thing?

You reckon you’ll get fined  for giving me an answer on social media to this innocent question?

I would be very doubtful about that

•  

You are free to choose what you believe. I know the reality.

Did you know some other places here sell cigars? I’m going to say, unless you have bought somewhere else then no. The reason, you’re not allowed to say. The fines are extremely heavy. 

17 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

The heating might well be sorted, it's just not welcoming though. It feels cold and soulless. He's got a long way to go to get close to what he's trying to be. It's doable in that building, just needs some thought and possibly a little more investment. 

Fair enough. 

I don’t disagree. Having many conversations, I’m sure they wouldn’t either. 

39 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Although you can buy a cigar you like in a shop or online. Put it in your pocket and freely smoke it in the smokers area, or outside of, any pub you care to choose. 

43 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It’s fine mate. It was cold in winter until they got a handle on it but they’ve sorted the door and the building itself is warm. 

Never known it to be cold since they originally opened and got to grips with it.  They also have heaters on hand if required. 

That's useful to know.