HOPs

Manxman1234

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Ha getting triggered by kopek! Incredible scenes. 

Yep, all Kopek's work over all the years, all those hours hammering away at the keyboard long into the night, has finally paid off. I would think it is a happy place in Kopek Towers this evening.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

As I said earlier, I only do it for fun  most of the time (TT excluded)! and Jack has been so easy to wind up!

It's that time between the first and second bottles of Vodka, keeps me on my toes!!!

He seems to have upset some 80% of MF now though with his anti Manx stance!!!! Which is what I first picked him up on.

A Bar in Strand/Castle st. it can't really fail can it? Not everyone wants an 1886 night out. It won't be 'quiet' but perhaps the more  'select' concept that will appeal to many 30 somethings?

I just hope that if it turns out to be too 'select' they will be big enough to admit it and change the concept!!! I hope so.

47 minutes ago, Kopek said:

As I said earlier, I only do it for fun  most of the time (TT excluded)! and Jack has been so easy to wind up!

It's that time between the first and second bottles of Vodka, keeps me on my toes!!!

He seems to have upset some 80% of MF now though with his anti Manx stance!!!! Which is what I first picked him up on.

A Bar in Strand/Castle st. it can't really fail can it? Not everyone wants an 1886 night out. It won't be 'quiet' but perhaps the more  'select' concept that will appeal to many 30 somethings?

I just hope that if it turns out to be too 'select' they will be big enough to admit it and change the concept!!! I hope so.

Kopek, not too much vodka, eh?  It's not too good for you.  I Just had a closer look at your lovely dog photo, as usually l only catch a glimpse of a large mop of red hair. Anyway, behave yourself  If you possibly can😄 and try having a cup of tea..... Lilly 

Edited by Lilly
Missing f
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Kopek said:

15 hours ago, Lilly said:

Kopek, not too much vodka, eh?  It's not too good for you.  I Just had a closer look at your lovely dog photo, as usually l only catch a glimpse of a large mop of red hair. Anyway, behave yourself  If you possibly can😄 and try having a cup of tea..... Lilly 

Kopek, l was only joking with you about the vodka!  I obviously failed miserably. Sorry, it was supposed to make you smile:)

It did 😃 Lily. I originally used a person in a clown outfit. Someone said that Kopek was a type or name for a dog in eastern Europe , so I changed it to  the Dog!

A Kopek is a Russian coin, should change it  to a Ukrainian one now ????

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It did 😃 Lily. I originally used a person in a clown outfit. Someone said that Kopek was a type or name for a dog in eastern Europe , so I changed it to  the Dog!

Ukraine have the hryvnia.  Stick with Kopek, its easier to say. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I read a really interesting article a few days ago about how Ukraine effectively created Russia.  I'll have to see if I can find it.  I disproportionate number of their population have been pivotal in almost every aspect of the development of Russia and then the Soviet Union. 

10 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I read a really interesting article a few days ago about how Ukraine effectively created Russia.  I'll have to see if I can find it.  I disproportionate number of their population have been pivotal in almost every aspect of the development of Russia and then the Soviet Union. 

It's where the name Russia comes from:

The Rus' (Old East Slavic: Роусь; Belarusian, Russian, Rusyn, and Ukrainian: Русь; Old Norse: Garðar; Greek: Ῥῶς, romanised: Rhos) were a people in early medieval eastern Europe. The scholarly consensus holds that they were originally Norsemen, mainly originating from present-day Sweden, who settled and ruled along the river-routes between the Baltic and the Black Seas from around the 8th to 11th centuries AD. In the 9th century, they formed the state of Kievan Rusʹ.

So basically the Russian state was founded in Ukraine by a bunch of Swedish vikings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's where the name Russia comes from:

The Rus' (Old East Slavic: Роусь; Belarusian, Russian, Rusyn, and Ukrainian: Русь; Old Norse: Garðar; Greek: Ῥῶς, romanised: Rhos) were a people in early medieval eastern Europe. The scholarly consensus holds that they were originally Norsemen, mainly originating from present-day Sweden, who settled and ruled along the river-routes between the Baltic and the Black Seas from around the 8th to 11th centuries AD. In the 9th century, they formed the state of Kievan Rusʹ.

So basically the Russian state was founded in Ukraine by a bunch of Swedish vikings.

Indeed.  That is way back, it was even in the Sky Vikings series.  Even modernish history though, from Catherine the Great onwards.  Kyiv expats created the first universities in Russia, were disproportionately involved in the development of the Russian/Soviet sciences and military. 

Then obviously the fact that the place is a veritable bread basket. 

The thrust of the article was that Russia doesn't and won't exist without Ukraine.  And it was written by a Russian. 

As a Norwegian Viking descendant, even down to the carpal tunnel/ T contracture problem,  I do hope my ancestors were not a cause of the current territorial disputes!!!

I think that Putin is from St Petes? although the loss of the Baltic States were not under his rule, he seems to have brought this problem into his thinking of the Grand  old SU control of these states???

The loss of the Baltic States leave him with only the southern states as a means of free access to the rest of the world?

Is that why Ukraine is of such importance to him?

Of course, he could just have signed trade routes through Ukraine and other States!!!

6 hours ago, Kopek said:

I really like dogs, can you tell?  Everything is becoming clearer now!   No changes are required here,  hahahaha. 

Just to make you all laugh, l took my dog swimming in Ramsey this afternoon.  I'm almost had to rescue him, as he panics when his paws can no longer touch the bottom. The sea was fabulous. 

I'm probably going to be shouted at  for posting this in the wrong section 🙃 Sorry 😞 

• Like 1