HOPs

Manxman1234

On 9/5/2023 at 9:36 AM, jackwhite said:

Because it should be pointed out it's not acceptable rather than the usual saying nothing 'because it's Kopek'. 

As I said wouldn't say it to their face or mine but can hide behind his keyboard.

Can someone point out what the actual issue was with a post?

It all seemed very civil and just people pointing out potential issues and then Jackwhite suddenly went all jackblack for no apparent reason

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Can someone point out what the actual issue was with a post?

It all seemed very civil and just people pointing out potential issues and then Jackwhite suddenly went all jackblack for no apparent reason

I wouldn't want to do Jack down on his desire to help a local bar get off the ground but from his original posting it was his arrogance in presuming that his input was to correct why 'our' Manx ways were so wrong!!!

Bar provisions on the Island have changed dramatically but a little humility for your host \nation Jack. Do you wear Union Jack apparel in Spain? Or respect their Nationality?

• Thanks 2

Jack White had a big flounce when I mentioned what I saw when I passed the place , it was 100% true there were chairs and tables and cardboard boxes just anywhere it looked as if it had been lying empty for ages.   I told the truth, he didn’t like it ,came back with a load of crap.     I don’t think this man is an expert on catering or anything else pretends to know what is going on but seriously….. 😂

• Like 2

He hardly seems like any one to give advise in the trade.. I hope for the owners future that they are getting correct advise from someone. I walk past it most days and even the most basic requirements of things like Designated officials board are not in place. I could be wrong but I was lead to believe it was a legal requirement. Apologies if i am wrong. However if basic things have been overlooked are other requirements in place? I would have liked to go in but it has never been open when I was in the area and as Fred above said it looks like work in progress and some way from being open. I hope  HOPS  succeeds and they don't have to change it back to SHOP. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emesde said:

He hardly seems like any one to give advise in the trade.. I hope for the owners future that they are getting correct advise from someone. I walk past it most days and even the most basic requirements of things like Designated officials board are not in place. I could be wrong but I was lead to believe it was a legal requirement. Apologies if i am wrong. However if basic things have been overlooked are other requirements in place? I would have liked to go in but it has never been open when I was in the area and as Fred above said it looks like work in progress and some way from being open. I hope  HOPS  succeeds and they don't have to change it back to SHOP. 

The ‘shop’ had been empty for a while, and in all fairness there are not a lot of shops on Castle Street, it’s mostly hospitality, hairdressing or restaurant. I don’t think there is great footfall up there sadly.