HOPs

Manxman1234

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes but unsocial shouty behaviour is not restricted to areas around Jaks and kebab shops in Douglas. Nor just to drunkards.

There are often gatherings at unsocial morning  hours around Ramsey beach. Because of the bay acting like an amphitheater in the stillness, the cackling  of this group.can be heard some way into the town itself. Not good.

Once you have been awoken at about 6 am it’s a bit hard to get back to sleep.

It's funny that during the TT fortnight l'm often awoken throughout the night by overzealous bikers revving up their machines doing their laps, not to mention the drunks walking home after the nightclubs kick out.  l suppose l'm conditioned to put up with anything during this time, which of course l do.  

So l'm curious to know what can you actually do about unsociable behaviour, as l think if it were all year round it could be difficult to put up with.

I can't, under any circumstances, class a group of people taking early morning exercise in the open air on a beach designated for recreation, for the benefit of their physical and mental health, as 'unsociable behaviour'.

Can't you just be delighted by their joy @VOICE OF REASON  and be delighted that a large group of people, young and old, are taking charge of their health? Can't you just be happy that instead of having to drag your ass out of bed to go to work, you have the privilege of being able to take a nap. later, at any time that suits you?

Instead of whining, you could go out there and join them and discover the joys and benefits of cold water swimming. You might even make a friend or two.

Alternatively, try these...

image.jpeg.c0961213b5a8c0fa28f59ef1fd233ee9.jpeg

£5.99 and you can get them for small ears or big ears.  I'm guessing you'll need the big ears ones...

Edited by Roxanne
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can't, under any circumstances, class a group of people taking early morning exercise in the open air on a beach designated for recreation, for the benefit of their physical and mental health, as 'unsociable behaviour'.

Can't you just be delighted by their joy @VOICE OF REASON  and be delighted that a large group of people, young and old, are taking charge of their health? Can't you just be happy that instead of having to drag your ass out of bed to go to work, you have the privilege of being able to take a nap. later, at any time that suits you?

Instead of whining, you could go out there and join them and discover the joys and benefits of cold water swimming. You might even make a friend or two.

Alternatively, try these...

image.jpeg.c0961213b5a8c0fa28f59ef1fd233ee9.jpeg

£5.99 and you can get them for small ears or big ears.  I'm guessing you'll need the big ears ones...

What exercise? Are you telling me these are people swimming in the sea? How do you know that?

All I hear is a lot of noise, chattering , laughing  etc which wakes me up.

If these people are swimmers then it’s a good thing to do like you say, exercise and all that ( not for me though). But  however noble your chosen activity you should be aware of any negative impact it may have on others.

Why do I have to delight in their joy? Cant they be delighted by the joy I have in sleeping in the early hours?

Perhaps they could just be a bit quieter 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

you should be aware of any negative impact it may have on others

You certainly don’t. 

Here, take a read of this written by a lovely lady who lives in Ramsey. It might help to educate you and who knows, perhaps even instil some tolerance for those who are trying to improve their health  

Unlocking the Vitality of the Sea

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You certainly don’t. 

Here, take a read of this written by a lovely lady who lives in Ramsey. It might help to educate you and who knows, perhaps even instil some tolerance for those who are trying to improve their health  

Unlocking the Vitality of the Sea

First of all I was unaware that it was this particular group waking me up. It could have been people on drugs for all I knew.

As I said in my previous post it’s a good, healthy thing to do. And I’m all for it ( but not so much I would do it myself!)
But I wish they would do it a bit more quietly to save me having to alter my sleeping habits as you suggest I do.

I enjoy walking along Ramsey promenade and watching the sea and beach being used, not just by swimmers but also by canoeists, paddle boarders, sailors, people enjoying a picnic, dog walkers etc. These last few days of sunny weather and all these activities taking place has really brought the place to life and been a joy to behold. We are very lucky to have it.

So I don’t need to be educated and have tolerance instilled in me, in the same way that I don’t need to be patronised. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Only at 6am some mornings

I’d leave them by the side of the bed. You never know when some noisy cyclists might go out for an early morning ride and one of them might sound their bell or something. I’d hate for you to be further distressed and think they were drug takers, or sweet corn eaters. They might even wear their pants under their pants. I’d be worried it might push you over the edge. 🤗

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I’d leave them by the side of the bed. You never know when some noisy cyclists might go out for an early morning ride and one of them might sound their bell or something. I’d hate for you to be further distressed and think they were drug takers, or sweet corn eaters. They might even wear their pants under their pants. I’d be worried it might push you over the edge. 🤗

Good idea. I’ll put them next to my New Age crystals and my Dreamcatcher on my bedside table😀

20 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Interesting group.  Luckily appears to not be aligned with the cultist, madman and scam artist Wim Hof.  

Well if you read the piece this Wim Hof fellow ( never heard of him) gets a very favorable mention (section entitled “Parallels with the Wim Hof method”)And one of the local people has been trained by him )for which apparently members of the group are lucky. He shares the wisdom of WH we are told.

I am not concerned myself about all that. I have no beef with Wim Hof or his advocates I just want to finish my sleep in peace.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Add last sentence of para 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

The sweet corn eaters are the worst.

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well if you read the piece this Wim Hof fellow ( never heard of him) gets a very favorable mention (section entitled “Parallels with the Wim Hof method”)And one of the local people has been trained by him )for which apparently members of the group are lucky. He shares the wisdom of WH we are told.

I am not concerned myself about all that. I have no beef with Wim Hof or his advocates I just want to finish my sleep in peace.

I did read it.  It says there are some parallels with the Wim Hof method and there is a local dude who is a WH qualified teacher (i.e. paid him a load of money to breathe, be cold and climb a mountain in his pants) but doesn't seem to be affiliated.  Frankly I'm just jealous I didn't think of that nice little earner myself.   I'm sure if this local WH teacher was a Cougar, he definitely would have been involved in a naked initiation ceremony too.