HOPs

Manxman1234

6 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well if you read the piece this Wim Hof fellow ( never heard of him) gets a very favorable mention (section entitled “Parallels with the Wim Hof method”)And one of the local people has been trained by him )for which apparently members of the group are lucky. He shares the wisdom of WH we are told.

I am not concerned myself about all that. I have no beef with Wim Hof or his advocates I just want to finish my sleep in peace.

Then buy some earplugs or close the window, and leave other people to do what they want to do

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Then buy some earplugs or close the window, and leave other people to do what they want to do

Close the window? You are having a laugh

I’ll come and shoot some hoops with my friends, or hold a disco outside your front door at some ungodly hour.

Thats what I want to do so why shouldn’t I? Just leave me to do it.

I will even supply you with some earplugs if you think that would help.

53 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

When I was a student I lived in an area that had become taken over by people who played loud reggae music with the house windows wide open, deep into the night and early morning. At a residents' meeting a local representative explained it was Caribbean people enjoying themselves and they just wanted to share their happiness with their neighbours. A local who had lived there all his life replied that he was happy with peace and quiet and wanted to share that peace and quiet with his neighbours.

The lowest common denominator wins. It's the law of society.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’ll come and shoot some hoops with my friends, or hold a disco outside your front door at some ungodly hour.

What the fuck have I done to deserve that?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What’s the issue with closing a window?

Are you suggesting you have a Devine right to live in the middle of a town with your window open on the bright lights mornings and not expect anyone else to be out having a laugh?  Blimey

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

What’s the issue with closing a window?

Are you suggesting you have a Devine right to live in the middle of a town with your window open on the bright lights mornings and not expect anyone else to be out having a laugh?  Blimey

No. But I don’t think a quintuple glazed nailed shut window would be much use in this situation.