HOPs

Manxman1234

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Who needs a solution when you can whine about instead eh?

You're a miserable;e bugger,  no matter how much you say otherwise.

It’s easy to describe a legitimate grievance as “ whining” when you’re not the one affected.

Anyway I’ll just have to live with it.

Now, what  about these bloody tractor convoys that appear every Christmas, creating a racket and blocking the roads. What can be done about them?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Oh I get you now  shooting hoops. V good.

I’m a bit slow in the morning if I’ve not had my full quota of sleep

Me too, 3 a.m. this morning, l forgot to close my window last night.  Even the dog refused to get up; he opened one droopy eye then turned his back on me, snuggled up in his memory foam dog bed, and then, to add insult to injury, proceeded to snore loudly. 🤣 

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s easy to describe a legitimate grievance as “ whining” when you’re not the one affected.

Anyway I’ll just have to live with it.

Now, what  about these bloody tractor convoys that appear every Christmas, creating a racket and blocking the roads. What can be done about them?

Now Now that's definitely being grumpy 😠  Mr Scrooge is not a good look. :D

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Me too, 3 a.m. this morning, l forgot to close my window last night.  Even the dog refused to get up; he opened one droopy eye then turned his back on me, snuggled up in his memory foam dog bed, and then, to add insult to injury, proceeded to snore loudly. 🤣 

I find my dog snoring quite relaxing and kind of therapeutic. 
Whereas human snoring is grating.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I find my dog snoring quite relaxing and kind of therapeutic. 
Whereas human snoring is grating.

I have a friend whose partner of 20 years now refuses to share a bedroom with her because her snoring is so loud. She has to sleep in the bedroom furthest away from his.:(

Getting back to drinking establishments, when l was having my tipple at The Queens the other night, l noticed how busy it was  Lots of people having a great time, and there were lots of diners too.  The staff were really friendly and service was quick. It seemed a really good atmosphere.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Getting back to drinking establishments, when l was having my tipple at The Queens the other night, l noticed how busy it was  Lots of people having a great time, and there were lots of diners too.  The staff were really friendly and service was quick. It seemed a really good atmosphere.  

That is interesting 

used to go there a lot but then it lost its way a little. 

might need to give it another go 

21 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

That is interesting 

used to go there a lot but then it lost its way a little. 

might need to give it another go 

Exactly what my impression had been previously.  If l could be so bold as to say someone or something has been changed considerably, well done!

• Like 1

Seeing as this thread has gone waaaaaay off topic, might as well put my "couldn't sleep" gripe over here... Anyone know why the Victoria Road works (top of "the Arches"), had to be done early this morning (between 1am and 5am)? To be fair to them, they seem to have worked harder and longer than the "day team", who seem to be more interested in taking their breaks every few minutes.