HOPs

Manxman1234

14 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

Doesn’t stand out as a sports bar to me . Sadly I can see this venture gone by March 

It's not. They open Friday to Sunday. The owners have their day jobs and lives, just happen to open up outside of normal hours if there's rugby on as a few customers enjoy a decent beer with the game. Been a few times now, excellent beers and very knowledgeable and friendly owners.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

It's not. They open Friday to Sunday. The owners have their day jobs and lives, just happen to open up outside of normal hours if there's rugby on as a few customers enjoy a decent beer with the game. Been a few times now, excellent beers and very knowledgeable and friendly owners.

Well that’s odd. Their FB page shows them open all week except for Mondays and Tuesdays 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

This are some very random hours.  Especially if you go to the effort of checking when they claim to be open but it turns out they can’t be bothered

IMG_8087.jpeg

Consistency is the key to a good operation. Remember when the waterfall in Glen maye was open 7 days a week , food All day, people knew could go there 7 days a week and have food, then changed hands and closed certain days, then reduced food hours, and then chopped and changed opening hours. 
If I go to any shop or bad/restaurant and it’s closed, then it gets one more chance and if closed again don’t go back. Brewery pubs are the same now , although generally avoid them anyways 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

This are some very random hours.  Especially if you go to the effort of checking when they claim to be open but it turns out they can’t be bothered

IMG_8087.jpeg

Maybe it is selling lots of whisky, gins, vodkas and cigars ………… and packets of pork scratching. 

36 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

My apologies, I didn't know that. Must have changed since I was last there. Probably a case of they know who's regular so not worth opening. Not good if there's published hours. 

You would have thought their mentor would have stressed the importance of sticking to your published opening hours.

Anyway nice to know that you find it convivial when open. Must get myself down there.

Except I’m not keen on rugby

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para