HOPs

Manxman1234

10 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Well I can honestly tell you that some of the sign makers here don't. I say this having had conversations with several of them today about something that's urgently required only to be fobbed off.

You're entitled to your opinion. You say it seems unprofessional. IMO they're anything but.

You didn’t answer the question about if it was a legal requirement?

If it is and they haven’t sorted it before opening, never mind weeks after, then that is unprofessional 

Just now, CrazyDave said:

You didn’t answer the question about if it was a legal requirement?

If it is and they haven’t sorted it before opening, never mind weeks after, then that is unprofessional 

It is a requirement to have it. It isn't a requirement for it be to in place for opening. There is no time limit as such for it to be in place. 

What annoys me about this place is people make assumptions. You say they're unprofessional without actually knowing what the requirements are.

2 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

It is a requirement to have it. It isn't a requirement for it be to in place for opening. There is no time limit as such for it to be in place. 

What annoys me about this place is people make assumptions. You say they're unprofessional without actually knowing what the requirements are.

Ignore them Jack.... 

They've get the scent of blood. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I am telling you that my perception of a place that can’t even get the basics sorted before it opens is that it is poorly run.

That is my opinion, and probably one shared by others.

Get the small and easy wins in place from day one and it gives people a much better impression of your business.

• Thanks 2

On 10/6/2023 at 5:25 PM, Manxman1234 said:

Closed as no rugby on? I’ve a feeling this bar is a little confused what it wants to be 

IMG_5614.jpeg

With the whiskey and cigars, I'm guessing they are aiming for a posher clientele, who are generally into Rugby. 

I've had invites to quite a few corporate events for various games in this Rugby World Cup.  I don't remember ever receiving similar for footie events, but then again, I have zero interest in that game. 

The Times actually has an article in today that in September there was a general 4% drop in non-essential spending, whilst at the same time there has been a 6% jump for pubs showing the Rugby World Cup. 

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

With the whiskey and cigars, I'm guessing they are aiming for a posher clientele, who are generally into Rugby. 

I've had invites to quite a few corporate events for various games in this Rugby World Cup.  I don't remember ever receiving similar for footie events, but then again, I have zero interest in that game. 

The Times actually has an article in today that in September there was a general 4% drop in non-essential spending, whilst at the same time there has been a 6% jump for pubs showing the Rugby World Cup. 

51 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Really?

I don't think it's a wild assumption but it wasn't the intention, from what I understand.

They have been using the RWC to test out various days for opening. Gave them a structure to follow and they've gained insight from it. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s a very complicated and time consuming process apparently.  Takes weeks.

Mate, no offence but you clearly have an agenda here. 

You're not the only one and that's fine. 

As Seth Godin says, it's not for you. Not sure why you feel the need to constantly post about it though in that case. 

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2023 at 5:54 PM, Kopek said:

Are not the couple operating the  bar also holding down day jobs? So, perhaps, the bar is a hobby for now while they check out the viability of it being a permanent business.

Can't blame them for that.

It must be doing ok on friday and saturday evenings but is it as small as looks from the front window? Or is there more room in the back? Seems very small?

I was out with a male friend at the weekend, he asked me if l had been in Hops the new place.  He said on arrival he enquired about the real beer on offer,  he spoke to a lady whom he said was one of the owners.  She shrugged and said she knew absolutely nothing about the beer on offer?  He said he was a bit taken back.  He said at £8.00 a pint, he expected some basic knowledge about their stock.  He's said he wouldn't going back.  I think he was probably not the right sort of customer they wish to attract.

Edited by Lilly
Extra word removed
  • Haha 2