HOPs

Manxman1234

40 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I was out with a male friend at the weekend, he asked me if l had been in Hops the new place.  He said on arrival he enquired about the real beer on offer,  he spoke to a lady whom he said was one of the owners.  She shrugged and said she knew absolutely nothing about the beer on offer?  He said he was a bit taken back.  He said at £8.00 a pint, he expected some basic knowledge about their stock.  He's said he wouldn't going back.  I think he was probably not the right sort of customer they wish to attract.

Real beer on offer? A bit of background info might be helpful. 

Is this something they had advertised?

How much for non real beer?

Anyway agree £8 a pint for real, or non real, beer does seem rather steep.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

40 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I was out with a male friend at the weekend, he asked me if l had been in Hops the new place.  He said on arrival he enquired about the real beer on offer,  he spoke to a lady whom he said was one of the owners.  She shrugged and said she knew absolutely nothing about the beer on offer?  He said he was a bit taken back.  He said at £8.00 a pint, he expected some basic knowledge about their stock.  He's said he wouldn't going back.  I think he was probably not the right sort of customer they wish to attract.

I get impression they don’t want to attack many customers 

i remember setting up similar a few years ago, well when I say similar I bought a beer fridge for my mates to use when visited 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Real beer on offer? A bit of background info might be helpful. 

Is this something they had advertised?

How much for non real beer?

Anyway agree £8 a pint for real, or non real beer does seem rather steep.

Well, l must admit to knowing nothing about cask ale or beer. Thank you for your sensible comments.

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

If she was on a date with the guy, he really shouldn't have quibbled at the prices???

Yes, 8 quid a pint is a bit much, she'd have to be worth it???? 😀

Babycham is only 2 quid odd isn't it???

Sorry lILLY 😄

Hang on a minute.  Mr. K l wasn't in Hops with him.  He's a friend.  You are naughty, presuming too much :D

On 10/9/2023 at 3:48 PM, jackwhite said:

The utter bile on here for a small new business is embarrassing to the posters.

It’s just feedback. It went to have a look and it was ok but I don’t think I’ll go back as it’s basically similar to the Rover without having any of the quirkiness of the Rovers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s just feedback. It went to have a look and it was ok but I don’t think I’ll go back as it’s basically similar to the Rover without having any of the quirkiness of the Rovers. 

It's nothing like The Rovers in terms of beer or atmosphere.

Fine to say it's not your thing but that's just complete nonsense.

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

Fine to say it's not your thing but that's just complete nonsense.

It’s my opinion having gone once. Looking back at this thread it’s easy to work out why the feedback you’ve complained about has been so negative from most people. As you seem to have said that you have some sort of interest in the place and you seem to be some sort of monumental twat. 

11 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s my opinion having gone once. Looking back at this thread it’s easy to work out why the feedback you’ve complained about has been so negative from most people. As you seem to have said that you have some sort of interest in the place and you seem to be some sort of monumental twat. 

🤣 as much as someone who thinks it's similar to The Rovers.

The Rovers sells Bushys beers only and no craft beer. They have a very limited selection of whisky, rum and cider. 

The Rovers has a pool table, serves food and has a pool table. 

The only things the places have in common is they sell alcohol and both have toilets. The less said about the ones in The Rovers the better, as much as I like the place.

If you'd mistakenly gone to O'Donnells instead I'd maybe have said they are similar. They are not remotely.

7 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

The Rovers sells Bushys beers only and no craft beer. They have a very limited selection of whisky, rum and cider. 

I don’t drink whisky, rum or cider so I have no interest. As for beer I don’t get hung up on craft beer as craft beer is generally for weirdos who have 6 different types of beer in one sitting. I got a decent beer and the place is very wooden like the Rovers. Like having a beer in an old shop or furniture store not a pub. 

• Like 1