HOPs

Manxman1234

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Well done you, sporting a typo rather than answer the question.

Why post completely made up rubbish?  What does it achieve other than discrediting anything else you post?

OK go on.  How much is a pint of Carling (3.7%) in 1886?  Without actually having to go in the place again for the sole purpose of this discussion, I'm fairly certain it's in the £5+ area.  Unfortunately I don't actually have a photographic memory for the exact prices of things I've purchased.  I bought a Kebab on the way home for about £10; but I've no idea exactly how much it cost and that was last night!  The only reason I knew the Impy Stout price, was because I had an actual chat about it, how it relates to alcohol duty etc and I suspected someone on here would ask how much. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 9:26 AM, jackwhite said:

Yeah. 

Some people think it's a challenge!

I sat with a couple last night and either shared them or took a lot of time. 

At that sort of strength they tend to only be sold in 1/3 of a pint too, which is a good thing.

Some people think that having a pint of 12% is the same as 4 pints of 3%. In terms if gross alcohol uptake it is of course. However the effect on the body is quite different. Firstly the amount of water that you are consuming is much reduced in the 12% beer. That can lead to severe dehydration and more likelihood of hangover. Also, unless you sip the 12% pint for the time taken to drink 4 pints of 3% you are exposing your body to a high alcohol load in a short time. This will lead to instant tipsyness.

When I was in they were only doing the 12% in 1/3 pint glasses.

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That can lead to severe dehydration and more likelihood of hangover.

No hangover today for me, but I can confirm more or less instant tipsyness! 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, The Phantom said:

£9. Not bad considering a pint of piss 3% is £6 in 1886

16 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s not a bad price, but what “piss 3% is £6 in 1886” ?

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

OK go on.  How much is a pint of Carling (3.7%) in 1886?  Without actually having to go in the place again for the sole purpose of this discussion, I'm fairly certain it's in the £5+ area. 

A pint of Carling in 1886 is £4.85.

So it’s not £6, and neither is it in the “£5+ area” that you later backtracked to.

It’s also 4% since 2022 after a bit of debate back in 2017 when it was advertised as 4% and HMRC claimed it was actually 3.7%.  Carling stated it was brewed at “between 3.7 and 4.3%” but even that is irrelevant as it is now confirmed at 4% and even at the lower 3.7 was about 25% stronger than the 3% you claimed it was a £6 a pint”

So basically, you just invented some figures to try and make a point.

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

A pint of Carling in 1886 is £4.85.

So it’s not £6, and neither is it in the “£5+ area” that you later backtracked to.

It’s also 4% since 2022 after a bit of debate back in 2017 when it was advertised as 4% and HMRC claimed it was actually 3.7%.  Carling stated it was brewed at “between 3.7 and 4.3%” but even that is irrelevant as it is now confirmed at 4% and even at the lower 3.7 was about 25% stronger than the 3% you claimed it was a £6 a pint”

So basically, you just invented some figures to try and make a point.

We can all rest easy now that my error of 0.7% and £1.15 respectively have been exposed. 

Important shit needs to accurate with possibly the Chaviest beverage of them all. 

Thanks Gary. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gizo said:

Crazy Dave drinks Carling. 
just about sums him up. 
utter twat. 

Crazy Dave hasn’t had a drop of carling since a BBQ many years ago when there was nothing else on offer.

It’s really not hard to find out the price of something without buying it.

I could also tell you the price of a gimp mask without busying one, but I guess you are already up to speed on such purchases