HOPs

Manxman1234

28 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Astonishingly dull thread - new bar opens in a blaze of underwhelmingness - Jack White goes but but but it’s amazing the streets are paved with gold.

Put it to bed now revisit in the arse end of February and we’ll know how good the concept is.

At the end of Feb we will know how well whoever have moved into the building are doing.

Glasses are actually very important to the person consuming the drink, whatever the alcohol might be.  When l ran my collectables art business we often sold antique and vintage glassware, often exporting  worldwide. 

My favourite glassware is hollowed- stem glass produced by Tiffany & Co. 

I don’t pretend to know anything about alcoholic drinks; however, l do have a fairly large knowledge of antique glassware.   The most expensive set l sold was a collection of Rene Lallique glassware.

High-quality glasses are expensive especially if the line has been discontinued. Glassware is actually extremely important to a business selling alcohol; l'm often disappointed if  incorrect glasses are served in a wine bar or restaurant.  I think if you show knowledge in an area that is often overlooked, it will pay dividends. 

This is only an opinion; Jack is an expert in his field, and l suspect alot of research has gone into the choice of glassware for that business model. You should, however, have an alternative for a customer who requests another one if its not to their liking. 

I have a preference for a particular type of glass; other customers may not have any preferences.

Edited by Lilly
Missing word
  • Like 1

Forget Jack, let'[s give the couple operating the Bar a break? Seems they have day jobs for now and then the Bar when they can. Understandable for a ''soft launch'' but not so much for confidence in the business?

Are they a husband and wife  couple? That could be a strain, high divorce rate in catering!!!

Still, wish them well and hope they make it through the winter!

• Like 2