HOPs

Manxman1234

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

Forget Jack, let'[s give the couple operating the Bar a break? Seems they have day jobs for now and then the Bar when they can. Understandable for a ''soft launch'' but not so much for confidence in the business?

Are they a husband and wife  couple? That could be a strain, high divorce rate in catering!!!

Still, wish them well and hope they make it through the winter!

Having a business is a full-time commitment.  It takes over your life; you literally live and breathe it. They must be amazingly full of energy to have day jobs too. I wish them well too.

Edited by Lilly
Added capital letter.
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Having a business is a full-time commitment.  It takes over your life; you literally live and breathe it. They must be amazingly full of energy to have day jobs too. I wish them well too.

Indeed. Fortunately however they have Jack to help them with all his experience.

His input should be a great help.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of all
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

It's a brave decision if they are financially reliant on their existing wages while they build hops up - to a much smaller extent, and no real financial risk, that's how I went self-employed as a gardener. Bloody long hours!

I think the good folks at Unami are doing similar.

It's great to see people investing in new high street business's and not putting savings into the safer but economy distorting housing market, people creating jobs and places to go.

Actually, I will pop in when I'm in Douglas and try one of their single malts. I do like a nice whiskey, but, tbh, wouldn't know great from bad, but I'll know if I like it, which is what counts, I suppose.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

Forget Jack, let'[s give the couple operating the Bar a break? Seems they have day jobs for now and then the Bar when they can. Understandable for a ''soft launch'' but not so much for confidence in the business?

Are they a husband and wife  couple? That could be a strain, high divorce rate in catering!!!

Still, wish them well and hope they make it through the winter!

I know you're a troll and are out to get a reaction so well done. 

But these are friends of mine. What has their marriage got to do with Manx current affairs or you, for that matter. You really are a said little man. 

You are the ultimate troll as there is no way you'd say that sort of thing in public to the face of these people. 

As for others who accept you and seem to think it's alright and even funny, they should be taking a look at themselves too. 

It's an indictment of this forum that this sort of thing is allowed to go unchecked on here. No wonder this forum is considered a joke by people. 

10 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Went past today just a pile of furniture and boxes  piled up I think it may have closed down.

I hope you were making your way down for an eye exam. They had just taken in new equipment which hadn't been opened yet. 

Don't think, you'll overstretch yourself. 

13 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

At the end of Feb we will know how well whoever have moved into the building are doing.

Maybe you should take it over since you know so much about hospitality and spend £24K a year on it anyway. 

Literally hoping a business is closed down because you've had it explained there is usually a certain demographic in hospitality.  Another sad act. 

Next time you should go in and complain there is no sign so people can laugh at you.

My view on this is - will give it a go, regardless of how much Jacks comments are potentially driving away their customers. 
I hope it does well, and maybe  if anyone else is setting up a new business, don’t ask Jack to assist as he has done as much for Hops as Gerald Ratner did for the Ratner chain in 1991

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I understand that view - but I know from experience: feed a troll and they’ll keep coming back.

I appreciate that but I know perfectly well what he was after. 

It's the last I will be engaging. I doubt I will be bothering much with the whole forum any longer as there are a lot of sad, nasty folk who would only say these things with the safety of anonymity and lack of consequence from behind their keyboard. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Manxman1234 said:

My view on this is - will give it a go, regardless of how much Jacks comments are potentially driving away their customers. 
I hope it does well, and maybe  if anyone else is setting up a new business, don’t ask Jack to assist as he has done as much for Hops as Gerald Ratner did for the Ratner chain in 1991

If you can't separate my online persona from a business I support it says more about you. 

In the grand scheme of thing Manx forums is nothing so it will hardly harm the business. Even if you and your sad conspirators on here go, I'd argue the business is better for not having to put up with you. 

If some of them had said the things they had on here, not that they would as they are cowards, then they would be asked to leave anyway.