HOPs

Manxman1234

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

If you can't separate my online persona from a business I support it says more about you. 

In the grand scheme of thing Manx forums is nothing so it will hardly harm the business. Even if you and your sad conspirators on here go, I'd argue the business is better for not having to put up with you. 

If some of them had said the things they had on here, not that they would as they are cowards, then they would be asked to leave anyway. 

And again. Attacking your customers. 

you obviously have zero business sense, and I hope the couple who own it give you back the money you put into it and show you the door as based on your comments here you have zero clue on running or been involved in a business, and before you say ‘but what about that glasses as was your idea’ I’m really not interested 😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

And again. Attacking your customers. 

you obviously have zero business sense, and I hope the couple who own it give you back the money you put into it and show you the door as based on your comments here you have zero clue on running or been involved in a business, and before you say ‘but what about that glasses as was your idea’ I’m really not interested 😂

You are NOT my customer. It's NOT my business.

You are also not actually a customer of theirs as you have never been in the place. 

Mate, I know more about running hospitality businesses than you will ever know despite the fact you seem to think you're some sort of guru. I'm also clever enough to separate out what I think about someones opinions against whether I would actually go and use a business. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I know you're a troll and are out to get a reaction so well done. 

But these are friends of mine. What has their marriage got to do with Manx current affairs or you, for that matter. You really are a said little man. 

You are the ultimate troll as there is no way you'd say that sort of thing in public to the face of these people. 

As for others who accept you and seem to think it's alright and even funny, they should be taking a look at themselves too. 

It's an indictment of this forum that this sort of thing is allowed to go unchecked on here. No wonder this forum is considered a joke by people. 

Here’s a top tip: calm down a bit. Sometimes it’s better to step back. You can also report posts on this joke forum if you think they are in breach of the site terms. Getting into heated arguments seldom helps. FWIW, this joke forum admin actually tried the place and liked it, but you’re not the best advertising campaign for it right now. Have a Jefferson’s, put the phone down and enjoy this lovely sunny day. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Here’s a top tip: calm down a bit. Sometimes it’s better to step back. You can also report posts on this joke forum if you think they are in breach of the site terms. Getting into heated arguments seldom helps. FWIW, this joke forum admin actually tried the place and liked it, but you’re not the best advertising campaign for it right now. Have a Jefferson’s, put the phone down and enjoy this lovely sunny day. 

I don't need tips I'd rather you actually moderated the forum and didn't allow nonsense like that to go on.

It shouldn't need reported to you. 

3 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I don't need tips I'd rather you actually moderated the forum and didn't allow nonsense like that to go on.

Yes, it does. The legal advice generally is to be reactive rather than proactive about editing, removing, etc.

There are statutory protections which are lost if you become a common law editor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

I drink my Macallan 50-year-old single malt from a plastic beaker with Tescos diet lemonade. Tastes fine.

You related to that guy who had a double Louis XIII and coke to impress his date at the Long Bar in Raffles Makati? The barkeeper almost cried. 

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Yes, it does. The legal advice generally is to be reactive rather than proactive about editing, removing, etc.

There are statutory protections which are lost if you become a common law editor.

Pretty much every other forum I use moderates proactively with far larger user numbers. 

That said, the sort of nonsense that's permitted on this one wouldn't be on those. 

Just now, jackwhite said:

Censorship, that's what you seem to want on this "joke" forum. You don't want to read something you don't like because it obviously triggers you and you are easily triggered, that's certain. If some comments bother you so much, report it, put that poster on 'ignore' or step back. Only when a comment is obviously detrimental in some way should the mods react. Being in the catering business you should know that one man's meat is another man's poison. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jackwhite said:

Pretty much every other forum I use moderates proactively with far larger user numbers. 

That said, the sort of nonsense that's permitted on this one wouldn't be on those. 

You can run your forums the way you choose. We run this one the way the lawyer says is right :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

You are NOT my customer. It's NOT my business.

You are also not actually a customer of theirs as you have never been in the place. 

Mate, I know more about running hospitality businesses than you will ever know despite the fact you seem to think you're some sort of guru. I'm also clever enough to separate out what I think about someones opinions against whether I would actually go and use a business. 

Did you not claim you put money into it? Or did I misread that?

you are becoming embarrassing, and detrimental to the business and anyone reading this. For a know it all (sorry expert)  You have a hell of a lot to learn, especially as first rule of any business is you need customers. To continuously attack customers what don’t agree with you is appalling and I really hope this couple are reading this and seeing what you are doing to the image of their business and the hard work put into getting it up and running

from my initial query about the place, to my views now. Wouldn’t want to step foot in the premises now and if you continue this approach, I agree with earlier comments and I will wait and see what business is operating there come February.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Jack, please do the business a favour and stop commenting.

you are getting embarrassing now. I wouldn’t trust you to run a tap, never mind advise on running a business 

as for now attacking Manx Forums, please do yourself and others a favour and leave. And hopefully your departure is smoother than the ones at Ronaldsway and goes smoothly, and remember this isn’t an airport so no need to announce your departure 

• Thanks 1