Driving tests.....

HelmutX

"A statement from the Department says they'll look into whether to continue scheduling tests during the Manx Grand Prix."

What about TT??? Just the Manx? Why allocate these times/spaces when these examiners know, perfectly well, that these delays may/will occur. Move the tests elsewhere or, just give the examiners the week off without pay? How deliberately disruptive can they be? They know what the story is. Shame on Tromode.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HelmutX said:

"A statement from the Department says they'll look into whether to continue scheduling tests during the Manx Grand Prix."

What about TT??? Just the Manx? Why allocate these times/spaces when these examiners know, perfectly well, that these delays may/will occur. Move the tests elsewhere or, just give the examiners the week off without pay? How deliberately disruptive can they be? They know what the story is. Shame on Tromode.

They don’t book tests in TT

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 2

Road safety put aside for death race.

Have you seen the standard of driving here on the island, most of the people have no idea about road positioning, if you are turning right get over to the right. Allow traffic to flow around you, pull up to lines be it at junctions/traffic lights lights not 4 foot back or 2'9" over the line trying to bully some one to let you out. If you passed in a micra be aware that you are not a good driver in a Shogun/Range rover. Learn the size of your vehicle.

• Haha 1

I think the whole learning to drive / taking test scenario is over subscribed at the moment, every day on social media people are asking if any driving instructors have spaces and the testing examiners are trying to clear up a waiting list I expect they are just trying to get the waiting list down.   Damned if they do damned if they don’t.   There are certainly a lot of driving instructors around , when I was learning there were only three as I remember but then 16 year olds did not have the money to learn and owning a car at that age was a distant dream.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I think the whole learning to drive / taking test scenario is over subscribed at the moment, every day on social media people are asking if any driving instructors have spaces and the testing examiners are trying to clear up a waiting list I expect they are just trying to get the waiting list down.   Damned if they do damned if they don’t.   There are certainly a lot of driving instructors around , when I was learning there were only three as I remember but then 16 year olds did not have the money to learn and owning a car at that age was a distant dream.

No spaces anywhere and they are all charging £40 an hour.

It makes a tempting business proposition at the moment even with a decent car costing 30k these days.

12 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Don’t worry. It’s all going to get a lot better when we have an extra twenty thousand residents. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

No spaces anywhere and they are all charging £40 an hour.

It makes a tempting business proposition at the moment even with a decent car costing 30k these days.

From someone who was once very close to a driving instructor I would say, don’t. 

16 hours ago, HelmutX said:

You clearly know nothing, or next to nothing. No driving tests are booked or taken during the whole of TT, not only because of road closures, but the sheer additional volume of traffic, including a fair share of utter nutters.

Some tests are booked during MGP in a genuine attempt to keep waiting times down, because it’s generally ok, with only a sprinkling of nutters on BSA Bantoms. However, these were cancelled on a contingency day. On an average year you’d still have a say c70% chance of it going ahead. 

Perfectly reasonable.

• Like 2