Driving tests.....

HelmutX

21 hours ago, Kopek said:

....and therein lies the irony, road safety put aside for a death race!!!😉

Not seeing how not doing driving tests in TT week is putting road safety aside? Quite the opposite I would have thought.

I did my bike test in practice week many years ago. I wouldn't recommend it, being overtaken on both sides going down the prom was a bit off putting. 

Many moons ago I passed my driving test in practice week on my first attempt it was busy but perhaps the Examiner made some allowance for that plus I had a genuine emergency stop which no doubt he gave me brownie points for.   Remember how they used to hit the window screen with a newspaper when you had to do one ?   Walter Chad taught me really nice fellow.

On 9/7/2023 at 9:14 PM, Gizo said:

How about we cancel the MGP and let everyone get on with their lives and business.  

Sorry late back to the party..... ordinarily one would tell you, gizzer, that if you don't like something here that you could get a boat (even in the evenings now- how times have changed) However, the SR err... SP, can't seem to get things right on any front. Seems you can't go anywhere.

Back on topic. what about other peoples lives that embrace, welcome and grow from these events. You are but one miopic in society. Perhaps, with your attitude, this beautiful Island isn't quite as friendly as it is "pretended" it to be?

Mind, you'd even be lucky to get a flight out, but please persist to find alternate paradise elsewhere - you have every right and privilege across.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HelmutX said:

welcome and grow from these events.

What’s exactly growing? 100 years and nothing has changed. The same shit year after year. Just more deaths. That’s a certain. Nobody wins, business, the taxpayer, the wives and children losing loved ones. 
who ‘really’ is growing? Give me real answers. 

• Sad 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:22 AM, Dirty Buggane said:

Road safety put aside for death race.

Have you seen the standard of driving here on the island, most of the people have no idea about road positioning, if you are turning right get over to the right. Allow traffic to flow around you, pull up to lines be it at junctions/traffic lights lights not 4 foot back or 2'9" over the line trying to bully some one to let you out. If you passed in a micra be aware that you are not a good driver in a Shogun/Range rover. Learn the size of your vehicle.

Don't forget the R plated male menace, driving daddy's car with his underage girlfriend in the back and a littering of McDonalds bags in the footwell. Observing one in the wild is a sight to behold, watching spots have been setup on Douglas head for those who are interested. Refreshments cost extra.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, A fool and his money..... said:

Don't apologise, you weren't missed and we all appreciate you have many other usernames to keep up with.

Pray spill the beans.... what names are you referring to? 45/46 posts compared to your 1.5k... seems you got nothing better to do than be a cnt on this forum. I thought IoM was filled with nice, intelligent people, perhaps it is and you are an exception?