Tim is back at DOI !!

Banker

2 hours ago, Declan said:

He probably honestly thought what Longwith told him was true. 

He only had to read social media or listen to the news to know that was untrue.

I had actually forgotten about the airport barrier debacle, this shows he is either gullible or a moron. 

A man who believes every memo put forward by his department is now back in charge of the second biggest budget in our government.  

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

He only had to read social media or listen to the news to know that was untrue.

I had actually forgotten about the airport barrier debacle, this shows he is either gullible or a moron. 

A man who believes every memo put forward by his department is now back in charge of the second biggest budget in our government.  

Ah, Tim the man who gave us th he RingGo App for our own good because it would cost £250,000 to fix the barriers at the airport. What a total pack of lies that was. I wouldn't trust a word he said. 

• Like 3

I thought they actually purchased the wrong sort of gates, weren’t the ones they got only suitable for indoors or the wrong size ?  I wonder what happened to them.   The only solution with regards to the DOI is to break it up into smaller departments it just covers too much but this would have to be a decision made by Tynwald I would imagine.    Putting Tim back in charge really gives rise to ridicule if he couldn’t make any sort of progress last time  what has changed in the last  year or was it even that long.    I think others have turned down this position before Tim was offered it it smacks of last resort job to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emesde said:

Ah, Tim the man who gave us th he RingGo App for our own good because it would cost £250,000 to fix the barriers at the airport. What a total pack of lies that was. I wouldn't trust a word he said. 

Politicians are blamed for a lot of CS stupidity, I can't imagine that Tim came up with this dumb idea. It was most likely some idiot working from home whilst googling 'car park solutions' I imagine!   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Politicians are blamed for a lot of CS stupidity, I can't imagine that Tim came up with this dumb idea. It was most likely some idiot working from home whilst googling 'car park solutions' I imagine!   

While there were undoubtedly civil servants doing some good things during covid lockdown (administering support payments for example) I look at some of the crazy things that have come out of the CS recently and wonder if most of them derived from bored civil servants stuck at home doing some 'blue sky thinking' as they literally had nothing to do. Love IOM, TT changes, concessionary bus travel, etc.

• Like 1