Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

A little surprised that Manx Radio had nothing about this visit/show on their news, given all the heat it has generated.

The most minor of celebrities landing on these shore’s normally merits some attention from them.

I think she’s due some interview with local media today. She said she didn’t want to talk to them before or during the gig. 

42 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I just did it to get a reaction and it worked. Predictably so. It’s an experiment in toytown outrage. It also took some of the anti DBC ammunition off the table on the night. She still ripped into Devon and Andrew on stage of course because that’s what she does and they gave her free material. Am I worried about my chances for re-election? No, because I’m not planning to stand again. 

Is that how you view DBC, as a toytown?

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I just did it to get a reaction and it worked. Predictably so. It’s an experiment in toytown outrage. It also took some of the anti DBC ammunition off the table on the night. She still ripped into Devon and Andrew on stage of course because that’s what she does and they gave her free material. Am I worried about my chances for re-election? No, because I’m not planning to stand again. 

It didn't get a reaction. As far as I'm concerned take pictures of who you want but it doesn't take a genius to realise that people with their own agendas will use that photo to criticise you. I personally don't see why you'd want that aggravation but that's your call

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Some daft buggers on here. Katie Hopkins gives the wokies what they want and makes a living out of it. It's an act. The lefties love it when Jo Brand dishes it out - but that's O.K. That picture with Frank is the real Katie Hopkins. Let me know if you see any jackbooted stormtroopers goosestepping past the town hall today. Fifty quid is yours. Now grow up.

I neither support, or follow Katie Hopkins, but I’m afraid that all this fuss, vitriol, hatred spouted for all of a short period of time, the comical protest outside the Legion speaks volumes. All talk and zero action. Meanwhile the same applies to the same people who jump up and down howling in protest, but in some cases are inactive when IOMG enforces unpopular policies on the populace. They create a fuss then roll over and like good little citizens they comply. When it comes to the General Election, the same numpties get back in, then we are back to the same. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2112 said:

Personal taste over Jim Davidson and freedom of choice over whether anybody wishes to go and watch

I quite agree. I’m off to see Ross Noble next month and I’m sure plenty of people think he’s also as funny as a colonoscopy.

It’s also freedom of choice if a venue declines to host him, though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I neither support, or follow Katie Hopkins, but I’m afraid that all this fuss, vitriol, hatred spouted for all of a short period of time, the comical protest outside the Legion speaks volumes. All talk and zero action. Meanwhile the same applies to the same people who jump up and down howling in protest, but in some cases are inactive when IOMG enforces unpopular policies on the populace. They create a fuss then roll over and like good little citizens they comply. When it comes to the General Election, the same numpties get back in, then we are back to the same. 

There was zero action because protest action would be stupid. It's exactly what the horrible shite wants.

42 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I quite agree. I’m off to see Ross Noble next month and I’m sure plenty of people think he’s also as funny as a colonoscopy.

It’s also freedom of choice if a venue declines to host him, though.

Ross Noble is funny, and his humour is quite unique, and dry ………, in parts you have to think, as opposed to some comedians where their humour is spoon fed to you. 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Ross Noble is funny, and his humour is quite unique, and dry ………, in parts you have to think, as opposed to some comedians where their humour is spoon fed to you. 

48 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

He's actually hilarious.  I remember seeing him when he was over here years ago.   He went off on massive tangents about the otters at the wildlife park and the Mona Lisa in Laxey. 

• Like 1

Anyone remember when Billy Connolly was booked in the Villa years ago and because of the rantings of a Baptist minister Matthew Else, I think from Peel he was told to tone it down. Very funny as he’d only got on stage when there was a big power outage in Douglas and he came out , looking as he did lol, with a torch pointing it around the audience shouting , Matthew , Matthew are you out there……All local so they all got the reference . Obviously had to abort but fair play he stayed over and did it next night. Funny man !  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Anyone remember when Billy Connolly was booked in the Villa years ago and because of the rankings of a Baptist minister Matthew Else, I think from Peel he was told to tone it down. Very funny as he’d only got on stage when there was a big power outage in Douglas and he came out , looking as he did lol, with a torch pointing it around the audience shouting , Matthew , Matthew are you out there……All local so they all got the reference . Obviously had to abort but fair play he stayed over and did it next night. Funny man !  

And Gerry Rafferty's support band, who managed to play before the power cut,  changed to a folk set on the second night as a contrast from the first night's rock set.

Changed days. I counted a single 'f' work during the gig, and that was bleeped out. It was only a few years later that it was the norm for Billy Connolly to use the 'f' word 2 or 3 times per sentence. 

Although himself a master at the art of swearing, I believe Connolly has a lot to answer for the amount of swearing we hear today.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yup, Bernard appeared there many times - and the Villa manager made off with all the money. 

That was never proved. Like an act from the magician who was booked at the Villa soon after, the missing money 'disappeared into thin air'.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Anyone remember when Billy Connolly was booked in the Villa years ago and because of the rankings of a Baptist minister Matthew Else, I think from Peel he was told to tone it down. Very funny as he’d only got on stage when there was a big power outage in Douglas and he came out , looking as he did lol, with a torch pointing it around the audience shouting , Matthew , Matthew are you out there……All local so they all got the reference . Obviously had to abort but fair play he stayed over and did it next night. Funny man !  

Yes, remember that night well as I was working the balcony spotlights. Brilliantly funny. Good that you remember it. Didn’t Matthew claim blasphemy about Connelly's god jokes? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Hong Kongers are- mostly- British though.

they were until the majority of the non caucasian residents with british passports were suddenly not british enough when they were planning to move to britain before the place was given back to china

• Thanks 1