Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

17 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Just a thought...

When talking about asylum seekers or "illegals immigrants" we talk about them being held in processing centres (sometimes for several years).

What is the difference between a processing centre and an internment camp?  

None except they may be allowed to go out and come back in err so

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 6:17 PM, HeliX said:

Might make the island look rather friendly if you're part of one of the demographics Katie Hopkins likes to talk trash about.

But, essentially, the Island ain't friendly - she might bring some realism to that fact.

For all you twats that don't like her, just look in the mirror and see the bigot who won't allow others to think for themselves. You twats are the epitome of hateful ignorance. Just cuz you don't like someones thoughts you should be expelled from our humankind. Go organize your own stage.

22 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No, I’m afraid I’ve lost all respect for you. And I have defended you quite a bit in the past.

OK let her have her silly show in the name of freedom of speech. But who in their right mind would want to have a photograph taken with her?

quite a few people I would imagine...

• Thanks 1

Diss her for her outrageous views but name calling, really?

I didn't know what she looked like till the fotos on here but Radio 4 will often quote her in serious moments and the very mention of her name will bring laughter on the comedy shows.

I've no reason to seek further info on the persona that she wishes to present. She needs to look at Trump to max it out!

That is all.

1 hour ago, HelmutX said:

But, essentially, the Island ain't friendly - she might bring some realism to that fact.

For all you twats that don't like her, just look in the mirror and see the bigot who won't allow others to think for themselves. You twats are the epitome of hateful ignorance. Just cuz you don't like someones thoughts you should be expelled from our humankind. Go organize your own stage.

I almost put effort into replying to this until I realised you're a fucking moron.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cambon said:

Syrians (in general) are asylum seekers, also fleeing, but fleeing a situation they don’t like, rather than the fear of being bombed

You were saying?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/syrian-tv-says-israel-attacks-targets-around-damascus-2023-08-21/

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/6/22/syrian-forces-bomb-city-near-aleppo-killing-three

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/24/us-strikes-iran-backed-group-in-syria-after-attack-on-coalition-base

Edited by Ringy Rose