Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Ukrainians (in general) are refugees, who have fled their homes because it is unsafe, but their ultimate aim is to go home. Syrians (in general) are asylum seekers, also fleeing, but fleeing a situation they don’t like, rather than the fear of being bombed. They don’t want to go back. They want to stay, get jobs, etc. That takes much more processing. 

Nothing to do with skin colour. 

FB_IMG_1694726232098.jpg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Being a cunt is a viable career choice.

”the cunts keep rolling a six”

It wont let me time stamp this link. Conversation I’m referring to starts at 51m.

Charlie Brooker is a fucking genius. Thanks for that link, wasn’t aware of that. 

Did anyone contributing to this topic actually go and see the show.    I had never heard of her until her name came up as a topic but remember some years ago when  Jesus Christ superstar was on at the Gaiety and the bloke from Peel was there protesting every night with his cohorts.   It takes a lot to get the natives out to protest especially when it is raining.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Did anyone contributing to this topic actually go and see the show.    I had never heard of her until her name came up as a topic but remember some years ago when  Jesus Christ superstar was on at the Gaiety and the bloke from Peel was there protesting every night with his cohorts.   It takes a lot to get the natives out to protest especially when it is raining.

Two locals. Two locals stood outside with placards and to be honest, good on them. At least they got off the couch and didn’t just hide behind their keyboards. I watched the first 10 to 15 minutes of what I was told would be a two hour set. She was playing to her audience of which I am clearly not a part. Ripping into EV drivers, wokies, the usual. I guess people who follow her like this kind of thing and it was interesting to witness these dynamics in person and see how right wing populism works as a business model for her. You can always learn from events like this. 

• Like 3

It's odd how Kier Starmer and the Labour Party are now all of a sudding taking the immigration situation seriously.

Anyone can see that there is only a handful of immigrants arriving in UK, a handful I tell thee, and they are no problem to anyone. It is just the Tory Party and the readers of the Daily Wail (geddit!!) who are doing this to take our focus away from how utterly shit and corrupt they all are.

But true, Kier Starmer and that are starting to take serious note, but everyone knows they are just as bad as the Toies and as shit and corrupt as them. They are all ignorant and couldn't run a tap and that.

Katie Hopkinson is just another Tory stooge or whatever, stirring it up to take away the focus from how shit and corrupt all the politicians are but I already said that but only because it is true. I bet she reads The Daily Mail in bed with a cup of tea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barlow said:

It's odd how Kier Starmer and the Labour Party are now all of a sudding taking the immigration situation seriously.

Anyone can see that there is only a handful of immigrants arriving in UK, a handful I tell thee, and they are no problem to anyone. It is just the Tory Party and the readers of the Daily Wail (geddit!!) who are doing this to take our focus away from how utterly shit and corrupt they all are.

But true, Kier Starmer and that are starting to take serious note, but everyone knows they are just as bad as the Toies and as shit and corrupt as them. They are all ignorant and couldn't run a tap and that.

Katie Hopkinson is just another Tory stooge or whatever, stirring it up to take away the focus from how shit and corrupt all the politicians are but I already said that but only because it is true. I bet she reads The Daily Mail in bed with a cup of tea.

Did she not write a colomn for the Daily Heil and was sacked for right wing arseholery 🤔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I guess people who follow her like this kind of thing and it was interesting to witness these dynamics in person and see how right wing populism works as a business model for her. You can always learn from events like this. 

Suppose that's why all them germans attended the Nazi rallies they were all just curious to learn from the events... 'Only stayed 15 minutes to not watch the act' 

Edited by HiVibes

17 minutes ago, mollag said:

Did she not write a colomn for the Daily Heil and was sacked for right wing arseholery 🤔

The appalling Hopkins used to write for the Sun and then the Daily Mail.

She used to rail against migrants, those on benefits, the disabled, anyone considered woke etc etc i.e. all the usual suspects that would massage the prejudices of the readership. She once claimed that Jack Monroe food writer, journalist and activist known for campaigning on poverty issues, particularly hunger relief (in other words a classic Daily Mail target) of defacing a war memorial during a march against austerity.

This was a very poor choice as Monroe's father was a paratrooper who fought in the Falklands. Cue accusations flying etc. Hopkins was so bang to rights that Monroe offered her a way out. Make an apology and donate £5000 to a refugee charity I think it was and that would be the end of it. Arrogance to the fore Hopkins took it through the courts - and inevitably lost.

She had to pay Monroe £25000 in damages (I think) and all the legal costs that ran into six figures. She lost the family home to pay for it all.

The Daily Mail dropped her and her brand was so toxic by then that was the end of her career as a " journalist".

So she has re-invented herself as a "comedienne" hoping, rightfully it seems, that her notoriety would be enough to bring in the Daily Mail readers.

Mugs to the end...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Hopkins was so bang to rights that Monroe offered her a way out. Make an apology and donate £5000 to a refugee charity I think it was and that would be the end of it. Arrogance to the fore Hopkins took it through the courts - and inevitably lost.

She had to pay Monroe £25000 in damages (I think) and all the legal costs that ran into six figures. She lost the family home to pay for it all.

With judgement like that, she could join IOMG and fit right in…

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The appalling Hopkins used to write for the Sun and then the Daily Mail.

She used to rail against migrants, those on benefits, the disabled, anyone considered woke etc etc i.e. all the usual suspects that would massage the prejudices of the readership. She once claimed that Jack Monroe food writer, journalist and activist known for campaigning on poverty issues, particularly hunger relief (in other words a classic Daily Mail target) of defacing a war memorial during a march against austerity.

This was a very poor choice as Monroe's father was a paratrooper who fought in the Falklands. Cue accusations flying etc. Hopkins was so bang to rights that Monroe offered her a way out. Make an apology and donate £5000 to a refugee charity I think it was and that would be the end of it. Arrogance to the fore Hopkins took it through the courts - and inevitably lost.

The Daily Mail dropped her and her brand was so toxic by then that was the end of her career as a " journalist".

So she has re-invented herself as a "comedienne" hoping, rightfully it seems, that her notoriety would be enough to bring in the Daily Mail readers.

Mugs to the end...

Mind you, Jack is at least as strange and divisive and intellectually dishonest as Katie.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jan/07/jack-monroe-interview?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Barlow said:

The Labour Party doesn't really have to have be serious on anything until just before a General Election. It (any opposition really - but it's usually Labour) needs to question the Government's policy, get it's leadership in place and debate what it's policy should be. Admittedly, that seems to be the Conservatives approach when in Government. 

On 9/13/2023 at 2:06 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Despite what some on here seem to think it doesn't mean: "I should be free to say what I want, but if anyone disagrees I'll go running to Mummy complaining that people have been mean to me".

Careful, mocking the standard motto of the right wing numpty, tends to get the right wing snowflakes a little upset.

Reflecting upon this.

• Katie and her supporters exercised her right to free speech at the legion. 
  • Devon and Bentley exercised their right to express disagreement with the decision to host her at the Legion. 
  • The protestors clearly exercised their rights outside and had their say on facebook etc. 
  • The people who emailed the charity exercised their right to state their opinion to the extent the charity listened to them and refused the collection money. 
  • The Anti-Woke Snowflakes got their daily adrenaline hit of being all annoyed by Devon and co. 

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to say your piece and not be challenged or freedom from consequences. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3