Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

13 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

On the bright side, the Legion should be able to book Russell Brand at a substantial discount; maybe Brand an Hopkins as a double bill?

That might cause some DBC members to explode in rage! Seriously though is there a standards committee in the corpy? Those are full on accusations of bullying and abuse of power. Picking on a woman and threatening to make sure she doesn’t get future grants if she doesn’t cancel Hopkins. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=964388064863982&ref=sharing

It’s absolutely despicable behaviour on any level to try to use your position on a local authority to get someone cancelled by threatening to withdraw funding. 

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

According to her a clear yes. She’s just done a full interview with Energy FM: 

https://fb.watch/n7BzvYORl0/

Around 8.30 in on the above Devon Watson “Looks like a man who still lives in his mum’s spare room surrounded by tissues” and Andrew Bentley “Looks like a human thumb” 😂

She then says that as councilors they put pressure on the woman who runs the Legion to have grants removed if they hosted Hopkins and generally have been very nasty indeed behind the scenes trying to get her cancelled. Two clear free speech ambassadors who obviously only believe in their own free speech. 

She ends by saying next time she comes she’ll do a campaign to “Get arseholes like Devon Watson off the Isle of Man”

What a great use of Council time bullying a woman who runs a local venue owned by DBC to try to get someone they don’t like de platformed. 

You say yes then write something completely different to what Max said. I'd ask if you struggle with comprehension but you believe what comes out of Hopkins mouth so you've answered already really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

but you believe what comes out of Hopkins mouth so you've answered already really.

She makes the allegations very clearly and to a mainstream news source in an interview with a known news reporter. On that basis yes I’d say that it’s very credible to assume the allegations are true. If untrue I look forward to reading a council press release accusing her of lying and denying that mummy’s boy or the human thumb (brilliant observations) actually did that. It’s a very helpful insight though to the despicable way these sort of out of control local politicians often operate though. 

6 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

She makes the allegations very clearly and to a mainstream news source in an interview with a known news reporter. On that basis yes I’d say that it’s very credible to assume the allegations are true. If untrue I look forward to reading a council press release accusing her of lying and denying that mummy’s boy or the human thumb (brilliant observations) actually did that. It’s a very helpful insight though to the despicable way these sort of out of control local politicians often operate though. 

She has a really strong history of making truthful allegations, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_v_Hopkins

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

She has a really strong history of making truthful allegations, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_v_Hopkins

Of course as an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum you are clearly to be believed over the words of an actual person on a local media network being interviewed by an actual reporter. Which one are you? Mummy’s boy or the thumb? I’d like to claim my £5. 

2 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Of course as an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum you are clearly to be believed over the words of an actual person on a local media network being interviewed by an actual reporter. Which one are you? Mummy’s boy or the thumb? I’d like to claim my £5. 

I have no involvement with DBC. Not sure Hopkins is an "actual person".

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

She then says that as councilors they put pressure on the woman who runs the Legion to have grants removed if they hosted Hopkins and generally have been very nasty indeed behind the scenes trying to get her cancelled

Aww bless, you believe the words of a woman who was declared insolvent as a consequence of her telling lies about an opponent to a “mainstream media source”. How sweet.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Aww bless, you believe the words of a woman who was declared insolvent as a consequence of her telling lies about an opponent to a “mainstream media source”. How sweet.

None of that matters. That it suits the narrative is all that matters.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Then I look forward to reading a report that the council are suing her and Energy FM then as the allegations of the bullying and threatening of a lady who simply operates a venue by Douglas council members in minutes 8:30 onwards are quite alarming.

https://www.facebook.com/EnergyFMIOM/videos/964388064863982/

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

29 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

None of that matters. That it suits the narrative is all that matters.

Yep - I’d be surprised if a monkey’s was given one way or the other about Hopkins - just the latest convenient stick with which to beat DBC.   I notice that any discussion about “free speech” has vanished in favour of the anti-DBC rhetoric.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Yep - I’d be surprised if a monkey’s was given one way or the other about Hopkins - just the latest convenient stick with which to beat DBC.   I notice that any discussion about “free speech” has vanished in favour of the anti-DBC rhetoric.

You really are amusing. Do you always read such nonsense into things? Energy FM has sought to broadcast quite an interesting interview which makes some quite serious allegations which are worthy of debate. Well they are elsewhere anyway on platforms that don’t have clear poster and moderation bias on what’s worthy of discussion. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I think the point here is the amount of damages that were awarded.  I'm not condoning anything she said but the level of damages awarded by the court is questionable. So not bankrupted for telling lies as such.

Just now, Barlow said:

I'm not condoning anything she said but the level of damages awarded by the court is questionable. So not bankrupted for telling lies as such.

Katie Hopkins went into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)- a form of bankruptcy- because she couldn’t pay the damages and legal bills arising from her libelling of Jack Monroe.

So, yes, she became insolvent as a result of telling lies in “mainstream media”.