Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

2 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It's a good interview.

She makes an interesting point "wouldn't it be great if we could get all the arseholes off of the Isle of Man" (17:42)

Which from a Manx person's point of view might be translated to "send the buggers back". But of course they can't say that anymore because it isn't PC.  Years ago they used to bladdy dawb it on walls and houses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It's a good interview.

She makes an interesting point "wouldn't it be great if we could get all the arseholes off of the Isle of Man" (17:42)

Which from a Manx person's point of view might be translated to "send the buggers back". But of course they can't say that anymore because it isn't PC.  Years ago they used to bladdy dawb it on walls and houses.

That pre-supposes that the arseholes aren't the natives.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It's a good interview.

It’s an interesting interview agreed. She’s very good at taking her knockers down. Ultimately though she is relaying a story that she claims the woman at the Legion told her about being bullied and threatened with funding cuts by council members. So maybe Energy FM will next interview the people at the legion as well next to see if what was attributed to them by KH is true or not? If I was a councilor I wouldn’t want these comments circulating. You’d look to close it down and as the legion are their tenants it should be easy enough you’d think for them to confirm or deny if any pressure was applied? 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=964388064863982&ref=sharing

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Looks like it has been:

Oh right an anonymous Twitter account has reposted a clam by Watson saying “I didn’t do it honest” and yet you question the validity of anything said on Energy FM to a news reporter. That makes sense. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

3 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s an interesting interview agreed. She’s very good at taking her knockers down. Ultimately though she is relaying a story that she claims the woman at the Legion told her about being bullied and threatened with funding cuts by council members. So maybe Energy FM will next interview the people at the legion as well next to see if what was attributed to them by KH is true or not? If I was a councilor I wouldn’t want these comments circulating. You’d look to close it down and as the legion are their tenants it should be easy enough you’d think for them to confirm or deny if any pressure was applied? 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=964388064863982&ref=sharing

Q. what grants are paid by the Council to the Legion? 

A. None

Fact check. Hopkins lies!

As landlord the corporation has no say who the legion hire in as entertainment or licence out the building for someone else to promote an event. Unless there's a "morals" clause.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

yet you question the validity of anything said on Energy FM a to a news reporter.

Regardless of what you think of him, Devon Watson hasn’t ever been proven to be a liar in a court of law. Katie Hopkins has- and it made her insolvent.

The Legion don’t get grants.

Edited by Ringy Rose

Just now, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Oh right an anonymous Twitter account has reposted a clam by Watson saying “I didn’t do it honest” and yet you question the validity of anything said on Energy FM to a news reporter. That makes sense. 

That's Devon Watson posting that Devon Watson says no threats were made to remove grants (that don't exist) from the Legion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Q. what grants are paid by the Council to the Legion? 

A. None

Fact check. Hopkins lies!

As landlord the corporation has no say who the legion hire in as entertainment or licence out the building for someone else to promote an event. Unless there's a "morals" clause.

It would seem very easy for the management at the Legion to confirm to Energy whether Hopkins has lied or not. She specifically says that she got the information about the alleged threats from the lady who runs the club. You say Hopkins lied but equally she gives the source for the information she imparts - the nice lady at the legion. She even mentions her name so it should be easy enough to get what was said refuted if it’s untrue.

Just now, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It would seem very easy for the management at the Legion to confirm to Energy whether Hopkins has lied or not. She specifically says that she got the information about the alleged threats from the lady who runs the club. You say Hopkins lied but she gives the source for the information she imparts - the lady at the legion. She even mentions her name. 

But the accounts of the Corpy show no grants to the Legion. I know what i'd believe. The accounts and not some unnamed woman quoted as hearsay by KH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But the accounts of the Corpy show no grants to the Legion. I know what i'd believe. The accounts and not some unnamed woman quoted as hearsay by KH

She isn’t unnamed KH confirms the name of the “nice lady” at the legion she claims to have got the information about the bullying from. Surely it’s easy enough to get her to confirm or deny what was said? If I was a councilor named it’s the first thing I’d do - pick up the phone to her and ask her to deny what was said to Energy FM by KH if I thought it wasn’t true and I was getting flack for it. 

58 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I think the point here is the amount of damages that were awarded.  I'm not condoning anything she said but the level of damages awarded by the court is questionable. So not bankrupted for telling lies as such.

But it wouldn't be the damages (£24,000) that bankrupted her - it would be the legal fees.  The thing is she was given a chance to settle the case early on by apologising and making a much smaller donation to charity and she refused.  Damages probably reflected to fact that she kept on making things worse for herself, but they weren't actually that high. 

People like Hopkins seem like overgrown spoilt toddlers.  They think they should be able to do whatever they want and say whatever they want without any consequences.  And when the world fails to respond in the ways they demand, they scream and complain just how oppressed they are and demand everyone sympathise with them.  

• Like 1