Katie Hopkins backlash..

Manx Bean

30 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Before anyone asks: not a fan. Just stopping by to check on any riots outside. Only spotted two very polite protesters getting soaked. All very civilised. And no I didn’t buy a ticket. 

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

Nice to see one to one riot policing.  Where else in the world would you have such individual treatment? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

An awful self-publicising Nazi, indeed.

Who’s the woman?

Such a lazy joke. 

Apparently the venue and the charities involved received threatening messages and the charities pulled their buckets before the event, losing out on donations. Another proper storm in a teacup story for the Isle of Man history books. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

This thing of giving them instant benefits, free healthcare and hotel rooms for years is a nonsense.

Imagine if the UK Government actually spent money processing the asylum applications rather than creating this huge backlog which then requires them to spend money on healthcare and housing. 

At the same time the UK Government chucks money at daft "stop the boats" initiatives that have absolutely no effect. 

There will be many of these asylum seekers, who are currently not allowed to work, that could fill many of the skills gaps in the UK workforce (which may or may not have been caused by Brexit).

Look at the success of the scheme to house Ukrainians.  Why could that not be replicated for other asylum seekers?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Does this balance things? 

IMG_5836.jpeg

No, I’m afraid I’ve lost all respect for you. And I have defended you quite a bit in the past.

OK let her have her silly show in the name of freedom of speech. But who in their right mind would want to have a photograph taken with her?

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Such a lazy joke. 

Apparently the venue and the charities involved received threatening messages and the charities pulled their buckets before the event, losing out on donations. 

It’s a shame that your fellow councilors whipped it up so much on social media that local charities got left out then. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No, I’m afraid I’ve lost all respect for you. And I have defended you quite a bit in the past.

OK let her have her silly show in the name of freedom of speech. But who in their right mind would want to have a photograph taken with her?

Someone who needs to wear a name badge apparently.  What’s that all about ?