EV Island Issues

Max Power

4 hours ago, The Bastard said:

EVs are just like any other vehicle though. People don't buy them necessarily because they think they're saving the world, they can buy them because they're faster, quieter, need less maintenance and can be charged at home.

But if they have the money then I'm sure that's the primary reason, otherwise they'd buy an ICE. (my bold)

• Like 2

Resembles Steve Bannon tactics: Take literally any report that surfaces of a vehicle fire and repost it, saying it was an EV, even if it wasn't. Be relentless. Fill all forms of social media. The aim is to destroy faith in electric vehicles, increase insurance costs and eventually collapse the EV market altogether.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Same again today. Blaming the fire on a hybrid this time when it was a diesel Range Rover

There is certainly an agenda there and the media are being used by those with one.

That said, my understanding is that this has long been in the offing on pricing and is not reactionary to recent events. Not that it's any consolation to those who have forked out for an EV.

On 10/17/2023 at 12:50 PM, Banker said:

From whom?

Well today's manx radio for one. It's inevitable that electric vehicles will need a higher rate for premiums as any totally new technology would. 

Accidents involving EVs cost more to deal with.. Also a reason why some insurance companies are leaving the market and others are carefully watching the market and all will be setting their premiums in line with increased costs. 

Insurance shock for EV motorists as premiums rise 150%