EV Island Issues

Max Power

That doesn't explain the Americans love of their 4 door cab deisel pick ups for daily use???

Why, in our mind set, would anyone need such a behemoth just to get to work???

But they are the new 'fashionable' replacement for the outdated SUV???

When five of your neighbours have SUVs how do you get one up on them.... OOOOh, a monster pick up truck!!!

1 hour ago, WTF said:

The article is disingenuous.

It’s using the pricing of the super duper fast chargers at peak times.

The EV would win out if you were comparing to motorway service station fuel prices.

The highest fuel price in the UK for diesel in the past week was 198p. Likely at motorway services. 

Diesel cars are more expensive than the super duper chargers if you pay those prices. 

5 hours ago, WTF said:

Coming to a street near you 

8BBFA652-D818-4D90-BE20-CA8A5302E53D.jpeg

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Since Rishi kicked the petrol/diesel ban can down the road for another 5 years, EV sales have already taken a hit and plummeted. 

It was an unachievable target, at least we are now on the same unachievable target as the rest of Europe and not paddling our own canoe. 

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

It was an unachievable target, at least we are now on the same unachievable target as the rest of Europe and not paddling our own canoe. 

I'd describe neither the Manxman nor Peggy as canoes!

It seems the 10% Brexit import tax on EVs that was going to be due next year has been knocked on the head for 3 years. 

https://www.smmt.co.uk/2023/12/uk-automotive-welcomes-plan-to-extend-ev-trade-rules-and-calls-for-urgent-adoption-to-avoid-tariff-cliff-edge/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'd describe neither the Manxman nor Peggy as canoes!

It seems the 10% Brexit import tax on EVs that was going to be due next year has been knocked on the head for 3 years. 

https://www.smmt.co.uk/2023/12/uk-automotive-welcomes-plan-to-extend-ev-trade-rules-and-calls-for-urgent-adoption-to-avoid-tariff-cliff-edge/

It has, manufacturers are screaming at governments that they have invested heavily in EV technology on the whim of politicians, and it's all going wrong! I think we'll eventually be forced into them by fuel and road tax pricing! 

The latest thinking is that EVs can be programmed in future to keep them operating in certain areas only. This will seriously impede our ability to travel wherever we like!

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The latest thinking is that EVs can be programmed in future to keep them operating in certain areas only. This will seriously impede our ability to travel wherever we like!

I've actually been waiting to see something along the lines of this.  Police chasing a Telsa - give Elon a buzz and ask him to shut it down remotely.  I'm sure it will be doable. 

• Like 1