EV Island Issues

Max Power

3 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Converting the the tramlines to concrete paths, while we all travel to our AI 'prompting' jobs with our Government-issued Segways paid from our Universal Basic Income is the only viable way forward.

I can't wait!!

GYXSPSMUYZGKZA75NMH2PFIPRQ.jpg

looks like her airbags have gone off.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Not specifically island related, but this seems like as good a place as any.

There are major issues incoming for EV insurance for all sort of reasons, like this one

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM6Q1BtQ2/

Friend is buying a hybrid and insurance was only £20 more and car was worth £20k more than existing one so. It sure it’s a major issue although personally I wouldn’t buy an EV.

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Friend is buying a hybrid and insurance was only £20 more and car was worth £20k more than existing one so. It sure it’s a major issue although personally I wouldn’t buy an EV.

The insurance on my hybrid (1.6L, 2017/18, 20k mileage) was £186 fully comp for both of us. Surprised that this is £40 less per year than the 2010 Fiesta 1.6 zetec S we had previously.

Charlton and Hodgson.

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

So not really relevant in a thread about insurance for electric vehicles then?

Thanks

Where can I get a sausage bap better than Strang Stores?

Thanks again 

• Haha 2

I notice recently a number of electric scooters on the roads and pavements ,   had to avoid a child aged about 8 in Peel who was all over the road , and an adult  2 up  with a passenger riding one on Westminster terrace onto Alexander drive at night both in black clothing 

does anyone know if they are legal here  I remember some consultation  involving the DOI  there seems to be a campaign in the UK media to either ban them  of have them  strictly controlled  but I suppose here we have to wait for a fatality to happen ?

12 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I notice recently a number of electric scooters on the roads and pavements ,   had to avoid a child aged about 8 in Peel who was all over the road , and an adult  2 up  with a passenger riding one on Westminster terrace onto Alexander drive at night both in black clothing 

does anyone know if they are legal here  I remember some consultation  involving the DOI  there seems to be a campaign in the UK media to either ban them  of have them  strictly controlled  but I suppose here we have to wait for a fatality to happen ?

It was raised in the Keys in November by Ashford, who seems quite keen on them, and the regulations were still supposed to be being finalised at that time.  At least that's what I think was meant because Crookall was even more incoherent than normal (which is saying something).  Thomas reckoned the regulations had been ready to go in the Summer before he was sacked, so what the real reason for the hold-up is is uncertain.

But they do still seem to be illegal, though if regulations are due fairly soon, the police may be unwilling to prosecute as it looks odd taking someone to Court for something that has become legal in the meantime.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

So not really relevant in a thread about insurance for electric vehicles then?

Thanks

Where can I get a sausage bap better than Strang Stores?

Thanks again 

You are an idiot ,no wonder Cueey was always baiting you. Hybrids have electric motors but you’re obviously not aware eating your imaginary sausage baps😂

• Confused 1

Just now, Banker said:

You are an idiot ,no wonder Cueey was always baiting you. Hybrids have electric motors but you’re obviously not aware eating your imaginary sausage baps😂

You said there was an imaginary place that did better baps than Strang.

I genuinely want to know where it is, and when I find it I will be there a couple of times a week minimum.

Help me out wise one.

PS - A hybrid is not an EV.  Its a hybrid!