EV Island Issues

Max Power

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What’s OS/2?

I am just guessing a digital version of the Ordinance Survey maps perhaps?

Operating System 2 - the successor to DOS, I recall. But Windows came in and it never took off. 

@VOICE OF REASON you need to stop this put on puzzlement/confused persona/out of touch.

It’s just not acronyms, almost anything and you pretend not to know, even if context makes it abundantly clear.

Its trolling.

It’s like the judge doing the “Mr Wright, what is a Beatle?” thing, when he has the White Album stacked on his turntable, along with Sergeant Pepper, at home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

@VOICE OF REASON you need to stop this put on puzzlement/confused persona/out of touch.

Are we sure it is actually put on...?

Anybody who is advocating a return to smoking in enclosed public areas and a return to £ s d for instance, has serious reality issues in my book.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Are we sure it is actually put on...?

Anybody who is advocating a return to smoking in enclosed public areas and a return to £ s d for instance, has serious reality issues in my book.

I was giving benefit of the doubt, but too much reading ( and believing ) Telegraph, Mail, Express, may have addled his mind, I suppose.

VoR was posting on another thread about not being offered an imperial gong. He probably has been, but didn’t understand BEM, MBE, OBE, or whatever.

Judge: "Gazza?"
Barrister: "Ah, yes, your honour, Gazza is the nickname for a professional footballer, Paul Gascoigne"
Judge: "Football?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a competitive team game typically played on a field of grass"
Judge: "Grass?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a type of plant that grows on the earth"
Judge: "The earth?"
etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, loaf said:

Judge: "Gazza?"
Barrister: "Ah, yes, your honour, Gazza is the nickname for a professional footballer, Paul Gascoigne"
Judge: "Football?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a competitive team game typically played on a field of grass"
Judge: "Grass?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a type of plant that grows on the earth"
Judge: "The earth?"
etc. etc.

Way back in 1980 the High Bailiff rather cruelly asked Clare Faulds what the significance of the Sticky Fingers album logo on the front of a pair of nylon underwear meant, and why it might be offensive.