EV Island Issues

Max Power

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Way back in 1980 the High Bailiff rather cruelly asked Clare Faulds what the significance of the Sticky Fingers album logo on the front of a pair of nylon underwear meant, and why it might be offensive. 

I'm sure Clare took his silly question in her stride, and mentally raised two fingers in his direction: she always had a robust sense of humour. Surprised at Henry, though.

Edited by Harry Lamb
  • Like 1

Just now, Harry Lamb said:

I'm sure Clare took his silly question in her stride, and mentally raised two fingers in his direction: she always had a robust sense of humour.

Quite.

Douglas Corporation policing and prosecuting an alleged obscene display.

IMG_5315.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Way back in 1980 the High Bailiff rather cruelly asked Clare Faulds what the significance of the Sticky Fingers album logo on the front of a pair of nylon underwear meant, and why it might be offensive. 

And what was the reply?

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

And what was the reply?

That was for the prosecution to prove.

Im pretty sure the nylon undies had the words “Do you come here often” emblazoned below the logo

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, loaf said:

Judge: "Gazza?"
Barrister: "Ah, yes, your honour, Gazza is the nickname for a professional footballer, Paul Gascoigne"
Judge: "Football?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a competitive team game typically played on a field of grass"
Judge: "Grass?"
Barrister: "Yes, your honour, it's a type of plant that grows on the earth"
Judge: "The earth?"
etc. etc.

Not the Nine O'clock News? I'm sure they did something like this.

I witnessed something very similar in the early 80s.  Used to go into the local Crown Court just to watch the proceedings and how stuff worked in practice

In the dock the accused wore an oversized knitted, multi-coloured hat.  The judge asked him what a Rastafsrian was and how they could be identified.  

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I witnessed something very similar in the early 80s.  Used to go into the local Crown Court just to watch the proceedings and how stuff worked in practice

In the dock the accused wore an oversized knitted, multi-coloured hat.  The judge asked him what a Rastafsrian was and how they could be identified.  

Did you knit the hat?

HW1881P568826.jpg