EV Island Issues

Max Power

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

@VOICE OF REASON you need to stop this put on puzzlement/confused persona/out of touch.

It’s just not acronyms, almost anything and you pretend not to know, even if context makes it abundantly clear.

Its trolling.

It’s like the judge doing the “Mr Wright, what is a Beatle?” thing, when he has the White Album stacked on his turntable, along with Sergeant Pepper, at home.

No pretence or “confused persona” involved  at all . Computer / IT stuff is not my strong suit, in fact I know barely anything about it

So why not ask my fellow member (s) what things mean when they raise them.  I have subsequently Googled DOS and now understand what it means. But I thought part of the purpose of a forum was to learn from other members who have experience and knowledge of areas that you yourself haven’t.

Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with being experts in everything.

9 hours ago, John Wright said:

I was giving benefit of the doubt, but too much reading ( and believing ) Telegraph, Mail, Express, may have addled his mind, I suppose.

I have on previous occasions stated my contempt for the Mail and the Express. Perhaps you may have missed that and that is why you continually imply that I am a reader and supporter of those. It’s a bit of a tired cliche

Regarding the Telegraph  ( which I have also mentioned that I read the online version for free, not that it matters) it has good  journalistic input re news, sports and culture coverage. It doesn’t inform my political opinion, or “ addle” my mind but I make no apologies for reading it.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have on previous occasions stated my contempt for the Mail and the Express. Perhaps you may have missed that and that is why you continually imply that I am a reader and supporter of those. It’s a bit of a tired cliche

Regarding the Telegraph  ( which I have also mentioned that I read the online version for free, not that it matters) it has good  journalistic input re news, sports and culture coverage. It doesn’t inform my political opinion, or “ addle” my mind but I make no apologies for reading it.

You realise who owns it ?

On 1/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, CrazyDave said:

I still believe EV used prices will plummet (have seen the deals Jackson’s have been doing to try and shift brand new Mercedes recently!!) and the insurance costs will go though the roof over the next 12 to 18 months.

Time will tell, but I wouldn’t be touching one with a barge pole at the moment.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/the-10-fastest-depreciating-cars/n17027

IMG_0201.thumb.jpeg.0b4cf63e4b32556aa3ccfce489b1696c.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the situation is with EV charging points in the main gov. building underground car park?

I recall it being mentioned that EV charging points have been installed there - do MHKs/Civil Servants pay the normal fees for usage?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Does anyone know what the situation is with EV charging points in the main gov. building underground car park?

I recall it being mentioned that EV charging points have been installed there - do MHKs/Civil Servants pay the normal fees for usage?

Doubt it, same as no charge for car parking. Ask your MHK 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Doubt it, same as no charge for car parking. Ask your MHK 

there are some located behind the government buildings  but it is difficult to get onto them because they are monopolised bt Tynwald members, one in particular can't charge their electric vehicle at home ,so it sits there most of the day 

• 1 month later...

This is the list of repairs:

UNIT DATE ACTION
Clay-Zara Dec-22 Repair
Clay-Zara Mar-23 Repair
Cora-Duke May-23 Repair
Enzo-Gina Aug-23 Repair
Erin-Faye Mar-23 Repair
Finn-Earl Feb-23 Repair
Fran-Dane Sep-22 Repair
Fran-Dane Apr-23 Repair
Iris-Zara Dec-21 Repair
Jess-Nash Dec-22 Repair
Joye-Witt Nov-21 Repair
Joye-Witt Feb-22 Repair
Joye-Witt Apr-22 Repair
Joye-Witt Jan-23 Repair
Joye-Witt Apr-22 Repair
Joye-Witt Sep-23 Repair
Myla-Ruth Jun-23 Repair
Myla-Ruth Jul-23 Repair
Noah-Scot Jul-23 Repair
Omar-Arlo Jan-23 Repair
Pria-Bess Dec-22 Repair
Reno-Gina Nov-23 Repair
Scot-Dean Nov-22 Repair
Stan-Glen Dec-21 Repair
Todd-Bart Jun-23 Repair
Todd-Bart Jul-23 Repair
Todd-Bart Jul-23 Repair
Todd-Bart Aug-23 Repair

Joye-Witt tops the list at six repairs. Does anyone have an idea about what happens after the warranty has expired?

[What's with the strange naming convention? Would numbers have been as effective? How many chocolate Bourbons were consumed during the creation of that scheme?]