Steam Packet considers shake-up of fleet

HelmutX

27 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

One is built on a field with easy access and the other is built on an old dock in a city centre.

There is no comparison 

The only comparison is that Nobles was £30million over budget in 2000 so looks like there is a comparison both grossly over budget and lesson's never learned.

I presume that everyone complaining about the new terminal in Liverpool has heard of HS2?  Now there is a monumental waste of money.  Not only that but that project was born as a Labour Government idea, resurrected by the coalition government and heralded by successive Tory governments as part of the "Northern Powerhouse" and "levelling up".  

Now it looks likely that after spending billions it will connect two random stations in Birmingham and London.  Our collection of MHK's are only learning from the UK Government.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I presume that everyone complaining about the new terminal in Liverpool has heard of HS2?  Now there is a monumental waste of money.  Not only that but that project was born as a Labour Government idea, resurrected by the coalition government and heralded by successive Tory governments as part of the "Northern Powerhouse" and "levelling up".  

Now it looks likely that after spending billions it will connect two random stations in Birmingham and London.  Our collection of MHK's are only learning from the UK Government.

So that makes the island waste of taxpayers money okay then?

Fu6k me, I could point you to lots of off island projects that have run out of control, money wise, but they are usually complicated, VERY Complicated projects LIKE HS2.

Not a tin shed on a dock side site with good access to the M6

• Like 4

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

It was only ever going to be a Labour 'idea' nothing more; remember that note that Ed Balls left on the desk at the Treasury on the day Labour got booted out? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

So that makes the island waste of taxpayers money okay then?

Fu6k me, I could point you to lots of off island projects that have run out of control, money wise, but they are usually complicated, VERY Complicated projects LIKE HS2.

Not a tin shed on a dock side site with good access to the M6

Good access  to the M6? In Liverpool? Good luck with that!

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It was only ever going to be a Labour 'idea' nothing more; remember that note that Ed Balls left on the desk at the Treasury on the day Labour got booted out? 

Actually it was Liam Byrne and obviously meant as a joke.

Needless to say the UK right wing press in thrall to the agenda of the owner, which is to say pretty much all of it, blew it out of all proportion and I should imagine their readership lapped it up.

Quite ironic when you consider one of the five tory PMs that the UK has had in the last five years tanked the economy which spread mortgage misery far and wide...

• Like 1