Douglas Cathedral

Amadeus

Well, as I said, good luck to you.

If your response is true and let's face it, this is MF and we don't have to tell the truth but your reference to 'Sunset City' was perhaps disrespectful to those who are in their dying days, their 'Sunset' days whether in Peel or the Hospice is not something to be posting glib comments on MF???

I've seen the Hospice in action, it's not a pretty sight!

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Official inauguration was today. 

IMG_7701.jpeg

IMG_7705.jpeg

IMG_7703.jpeg

IMG_7716.jpeg

IMG_7718.jpeg

If someone searched on here for posts by Amadeus using the word religion the correct result would be a link straight to the dictionary definition of hypocrite.

Should someone so clearly non religious not have refused the invitation rather than use it as a photo opportunity?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

If someone searched on here for posts by Amadeus using the word religion the correct result would be a link straight to the dictionary definition of hypocrite.

Should someone so clearly non religious not have refused the invitation rather than use it as a photo opportunity?

As a town councillor, isn't he obliged to attend?

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

I’m agnostic, not atheist. Still open to someone convincing me it’s not all fairy tales. On this occasion and others like the civic service, it’s also part of the job and my duty to attend. Not all councillors think that way, I know. 

Just that I’m not an active member of the fanclub doesn’t mean I don’t respect it or others who find meaning in it. To see people so happy and excited about the cathedral today was great and why shouldn’t I share it? It’s actually rare to get community gatherings like this and I enjoy them. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I’m agnostic, not atheist. Still open to someone convincing me it’s not all fairy tales. On this occasion and others like the civic service, it’s also part of the job and my duty to attend. Not all councillors think that way, I know. 

Just that I’m not an active member of the fanclub doesn’t mean I don’t respect it or others who find meaning in it. To see people so happy and excited about the cathedral today was great and why shouldn’t I share it? It’s actually rare to get community gatherings like this and I enjoy them. 

Well done for attending, at least you are civic minded, unlike some …………… some of our politicos come to mind, who don’t see attending services as part of the duties as an MHK.