Report on Housing Association for public housing on the island

Moghrey Mie

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

A twice elected Ramsey politician.

In cases like those mentioned one has to distinguish between a 'Sheltered ' and a 'Council'  house. Not every disabled badge holder has a limp?

I'm most definitely aware of the difference.  Thank you for your insight....

On 9/24/2023 at 10:09 PM, Banker said:

Lots of them can afford private sector housing but again I suppose is it fair to  evict them when they’ve been tenants for 30 years + but they should be paying more 

Sometimes life isn’t fair. They could either pay more or perhaps if there is improved housing stock, offered incentives to downsize to free up larger homes. As I have mentioned before, perhaps if there were shared ownership schemes with government offering incentives, help and support, it would encourage some social housing tenants to make the leap of faith. The very same people if offered the right to buy their home with large discounts for living there 30+ years, would certainly buy. Do IOMG have the political will to do things which are unpopular, or will they be up against the granny farming politicos? 

7 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

The fact remains that there is a shortage of housing on the island.

Due to a policy of immigration running for near five years and perhaps DFEs only role, without them even slightly thinking about the consequences for, I don’t know, five years. And now with the government having grown to accommodate Manx Care and overpaid teachers and relocating funded civil servants they’ve realised there’s a problem. 

Now, with the DFE concept MDC having cost a further few million to deliver nothing, DFE has to bribe developers to dig them out of the hole they created. But even they won’t deliver anything tangible for 2-3 years (because that’s how long it takes). Meanwhile DFE is looking to relax work permits to make it even easier to relocate here.

It’s a laugh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, english zloty said:

Due to a policy of immigration running for near five years and perhaps DFEs only role, without them even slightly thinking about the consequences for, I don’t know, five years. And now with the government having grown to accommodate Manx Care and overpaid teachers and relocating funded civil servants they’ve realised there’s a problem. 

Now, with the DFE concept MDC having cost a further few million to deliver nothing, DFE has to bribe developers to dig them out of the hole they created. But even they won’t deliver anything tangible for 2-3 years (because that’s how long it takes). Meanwhile DFE is looking to relax work permits to make it even easier to relocate here.

It’s a laugh

What's the target for the number of new houses to be built during this administration?

Edited by Moghrey Mie