Winner presented with certificate.

rodders

Growing chillies is quite a thing. As a rule, if you can over-winter a plant you get a much better crop in the 2nd and 3rd years, also the right fertiliser can make a big difference. Should grow well on the rock, especially the north as there's so much sunlight in summer.

• Like 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

I used to grown them on my dashboard in Portugal. Only the tiny ones, the biggest ones could have seen me pulled over by the GNR :). Never had any reasonable success here but a neighbour with a greenhouse supplies me with al I need.

The Thai are small but have a punch - I think 160,000 or so.

Just now, Roxanne said:

They are mighty. What do you do with them once harvested? Do you cook with them or are they too fiery for that?

Jam, sauce, relish. neighbour is planning a chilli night.

Also, can dry in a dehumidifier, grind and use as pepper, just more explosive.

The Governor was attending the Manx Food and Drink Show not just a chilli eating competition as the press focused on.     They are doing a lot of this lately, perhaps the new Editor thinks it is catching eye, we know papers do use headlines to attract attention but caption headlines usually show the essence in some form of he attached piece often the headlines do not relate to the full facts at all.    Perhaps it is use me being picky.

7 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

The Governor was attending the Manx Food and Drink Show not just a chilli eating competition as the press focused on.     They are doing a lot of this lately, perhaps the new Editor thinks it is catching eye, we know papers do use headlines to attract attention but caption headlines usually show the essence in some form of he attached piece often the headlines do not relate to the full facts at all.    Perhaps it is use me being picky.

Or maybe it was just the wrong image with the article? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Well, I wasn’t planning on inviting you around for dinner anyway. I’m too scared of MrsDoc punching my lights out. 😂

So, reading between the lines, favoured posters get spicy dinners, chocolates and underpant cleaning services?

Humph. Another form of controlling behaviour. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Or maybe it was just the wrong image with the article? 

Exactly.  If you look at the text under the picture (or rather set of pictures) it reads: Cadets’ Investiture and Awards at Government House - Armed Forces Covenant silver employer award for Manx Radio, collected by Tony Palmer

It explains why the Gov was clanking with all his medals, not normally a dress requirement for eating chillies.