A P&O situation looming in the IOMSPCo?

The Listening Ear

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But the IOMSPCo are not entering into negotiations so surely as the biggest shareholder the government need to step in. But then Mr Treasury Allinson hasn’t a single backbone or is part of the jolly boys club at the helm of the Steam Packet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Listening Ear said:

But the IOMSPCo are not entering into negotiations so surely as the biggest shareholder the government need to step in. But then Mr Treasury Allinson hasn’t a single backbone or is part of the jolly boys club at the helm of the Steam Packet. 

Despite some poster’s protestations on here, IOMG are pulling the strings. The Treasury certainly demanded a dividend. If that isn’t being involved then I don’t know what is. 

30 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Despite some poster’s protestations on here, IOMG are pulling the strings. The Treasury certainly demanded a dividend. If that isn’t being involved then I don’t know what is. 

Exactly. They will get involved in the dividend payout but not to help sort out a situation with the company they own!

36 minutes ago, 2112 said:

That is normal for a shareholder.  Not normal for a shareholder to get involved with running the business. In fact, it could be damaging if you want to keep the corporate veil intact.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That is normal for a shareholder.  Not normal for a shareholder to get involved with running the business. In fact, it could be damaging if you want to keep the corporate veil intact.

In principle I agree with what you say but we'll see what Treasury/COMIN do when the boats stop running and the Island starts running out of bog rolls. They'll be cries of "how could the IOMG let it get this far?". They'll have to intervene, it's in their and our interest to do so. And at that point onwards the IOMSPCo becomes a political weapon.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

No they are& no they didn’t as has been explained to you on several occasions!

The board will not accept ultimatum etc from government!

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Not normal for a shareholder to get involved with running the business. In fact, it could be damaging if you want to keep the corporate veil intact

From somewhere or other...

"The shareholders of any company have a responsibility to ensure that the company is well run and well managed. They do this by monitoring the performance of the company and raising their objections or giving their approval to the actions of the management of the company. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

In principle I agree with what you say but we'll see what Treasury/COMIN do when the boats stop running and the Island starts running out of bog rolls. They'll be cries of "how could the IOMG let it get this far?". They'll have to intervene, it's in their and our interest to do so. And at that point onwards the IOMSPCo becomes a political weapon.

They’ll have enough staff who don’t want to resign their jobs & if not plenty from elsewhere including UK who would accept same terms that are used elsewhere 

but assume you will refuse to use bog rolls brought in by non locals?

Edited by Banker

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

In principle I agree with what you say but we'll see what Treasury/COMIN do when the boats stop running and the Island starts running out of bog rolls.

I've always been confused by this.

If we run out of bog rolls then we run out, as in, all of us run out. All the shops, including those locally owned. No? 

Unless there's a bog roll mine that only Shoprite have directions to.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I've always been confused by this.

If we run out of bog rolls then we run out, as in, all of us run out. All the shops, including those locally owned. No? 

Unless there's a bog roll mine that only Shoprite have directions to.

You quoted previous poster!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

They’ll have enough staff who don’t want to resign their jobs & if not plenty from elsewhere including UK who would accept same terms that are used elsewhere 

but assume you will refuse to use bog rolls brought in by non locals?

WTF are you talking about?

I've made my position clear on this the company should be allowed to manage the business not the government.

However, Nautilus have already been given the cold shoulder by IOMG (at least publicly). You tell me what will happen next.

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

WTF are you talking about?

I've made my position clear on this the company should be allowed to manage the business not the government.

However, Nautilus have already been given the cold shoulder by IOMG (at least publicly). You tell me what will happen next.

Union will back down after some more concessions as staff won’t want to lose very well paid jobs