A P&O situation looming in the IOMSPCo?

The Listening Ear

23 minutes ago, Manxman2000 said:

That’s the reason Manx Care have so many vacancies,  can’t be a nurse or doctor who has not heard of the Doctor Rachael Ranson affair. Manson was a disaster just like the present management of the packet.  Keeping a company at arms length is like lighting the blue touch paper and stand well back, disclaim all knowledge. 

Is that Charles Manson?😂

20 hours ago, newaccount said:

Would he be ok about it if the timing was July ? What's his position on the matter?

It wouldn’t matter what time of the year was involved. Let’s be realistic, Allinson, the SPCo and IOMG are flexing their muscles and spoiling for fight. It’s rather pointless and pathetic, matters should have been addressed ages ago and not foisted on people. From hearing both Management and Allinson, they come across as heartless and uncaring. 

I suspect a petition signed by a lot of island residents would be very much to the staff's benefit.

Likely get a lot of support as the onboard sleeping is totally unnecessary IMO. Fine if they agree it for TT and the run up to Xmas maybe...but other than that there are no major benefits.

I'd certainly sign such.

12 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The directors and management should be left to run the business without political interference. Anything else is asking for trouble.

Agree fully with that. However there is a certain irony in the SPC forcing staff to work long hours holed up on a boat for weeks on end not able to go anywhere else when they’re making criminal investigations into others for modern slavery. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The directors and management should be left to run the business without political interference. Anything else is asking for trouble.

Allinson made the comment about seafarers living on board. Why? He shouldn’t have said anything. I don’t think that IOMGs obsession with creating ‘arms length organisations’ help. It’s certainly raises questions, then ‘commercial confidentiality phrase gets trotted out.

Just now, WTF said:

maybe they should be made to live onboard too 

Some of those working on board are probably happy and prepared to live on board, I’m sure those will have accommodation to stay, on their free weeks, whilst some may fly off to their home country for a break. Living on board isn’t for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Allinson made the comment about seafarers living on board. Why? He shouldn’t have said anything. I don’t think that IOMGs obsession with creating ‘arms length organisations’ help. It’s certainly raises questions, then ‘commercial confidentiality phrase gets trotted out.

Maybe it's because Allinson does 2 weeks here then 2 weeks off on his home planet. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, 2112 said:

He was asked a question in the house 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Some of those working on board are probably happy and prepared to live on board, I’m sure those will have accommodation to stay, on their free weeks, whilst some may fly off to their home country for a break. Living on board isn’t for everyone. 

Is it open to all? 

Could give me a break from Mrs VOR, or she from me.

There is a commercial opportunity there which could be exploited.

Lifeboat living could be offered as discounted rates.

Personally I’d like to spend a few days living  in Mr Thomson’s office, slopping out in his waste paper bin.