Unprofessional bellends at it again

HeliX

A wrong turn onto the Groudle Road?. Car being blown backwards towards cliff, so presumably at the most exposed part of Groudle Road below the Howstrake Golf Course?. The individuals being blown away on the cliff face?. The car was presumably stopped on sea side of road rather than driven across to the inland side?. Safety of a car that can so easily be blown onto two wheels?. So many questions……

• Like 4

Just now, doc.fixit said:

I think the girls did the right thing. I don't know all the details but I can imagine the panic.

Quite. Helping people in danger is supposedly part of the police's role. No doubt if she'd had half a gram of weed or they'd had an opportunity to get their big noisy toys out they'd have been all over it.

• Like 5

It's a couple of 17 year old girls who have just passed their test.  Whilst I'm sure it's unlikely they would get blown of a cliff, there is still the fact they thought it was possible. 

It comes down the fact that they thought they were in danger and accordingly called the Police.  Whether or not they really were in danger or not is really irrelevant; it's their perception.  They have then been publicly mocked by the Police.  It's not acceptable. 

Do you need to be 100% certain you're in danger now before asking our emergency service for help?  Often in those situations it would then be too late. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

I think many would sympathise with the rozzers over a pint listening to them telling their story, or at least, their version of it.

But once again the ego driven constabulary feels it appropriate to act how it pleases. Silly situation? Yes. But I'd commend then young girls for reaching out for help. Everyone on the Island, irrespective of who you are, should feel that they can turn to the emergency services for help if they feel like they need it.

Absolutely no room for public ridicule and the rozzers just keep doing this on social media.

Agree with @The Phantom: the call handlers cant make a proper assessment of the danger threat. It should at least have triggered a non-emergency response to check it out, at a minimum. If they had ended up 'blowing off a cliff' the story would be very different.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The girls were right to contact emergency services. I wonder what the police deem as an emergency, while writing a Facebook post saying they "have plenty to do in weather like this". Despicable. Obviously, the two girls are not "connected", or they would have been helped straightaway. Or maybe they should just have texted someone to phone emergency services for them, and say there was a wee bit of weed in the car. They would have had half the force descend on them then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1